Themes/Templates suggestion

aamaam
edited November 2013 in Newsletter plugin
Hello!

Although you have pointed to themeforest templates, I do not see how the templates at themeforest can be implemented with tribulant newsletter plugin, as it is not possible to directly edit the themes in our plugin (assuming we upload the themeforest-template as a theme in our plugin) - as there are multiple text and image blocks that need to be edited on themeforest-newsletter-templates.

I will appreciate if you
  • provide us with a detailed tutorial to implement the themeforest newlsletter-templates as themes in tribulant-newsletter-plugin.
  • can develop a template just as they have at themeforest here and the template-BUILDER at its product-developer-site here.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    aamaam
    edited November 2013
    How long before I get an answer for this? 10 days is way beyond any good response time.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello Ashish,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

We are really sorry about the delay on getting back to you.

For now the Newsletter Plugin can only offer one single editable content area, the theme you mentioned contains several editable blocks as you can see here: http://screencast.com/t/eirHgzIXQLk so basically you won`t be able to have one WYSIWYG editor for each block of your Newsletter, we are currently working on a major improvement for this that should be available in a future release.

For now there are two possible ways to proceed:

1 - Use a 1 block Newsletter Theme

This would be the easiest way to manage your Newsletter Theme content since all you would have to do is to place the [wpmlcontent] shortcode where the WYSIWYG editor content should be displayed in your Newsletter.

2 - Use the HTML view of your WYSIWYG editor

This solution will require you to have a basic understanding of HTML, after you have generated your Newsletter Theme HTML code you can copy the section where the blocks start to show up, replace them with the [wpmlcontent] shortcode in your theme and then paste the blocks HTML in your WYSIWYG editor as you can see here: http://screencast.com/t/M651cNRUmsc by doing this you will have control not only over the content of your newsletter but also other elements.

Please let us know if that is a viable option for you ok?

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

All the best!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    All that I can say is that you should have not lead us to themeforest email templates if your own system was not supporting them, and if you take 12 days to provide an answer (without giving any reason why it took you that long ) which basically tells us that we cannot use those themes the way they ware meant tp be used (i.e with ease). 

What you are telling in point 2 is not convenient to work.

Conclusion: Total waste of time trying to figure out how to use the templates you referred us to.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    And yes, extremely poor forum support : esp. the 'time' component.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello Ashish,

Thank you for your response.

I`m sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with my answer.

Our system does support theme forest themes but I understand that copying the theme html into your WYSIWYG may not be convenient. We have a new feature under our development list which will allow you to insert multiple content areas by using shortcodes like: [wpmlcontent area=1], [wpmlcontent area=2], etc so basically you would have one different WYSIWYG editor for each area. I`ll see if our developers can start working on this feature asap but as for now we don`t have an ETA for that.

Our team focus on the Help Desk as the forums are meant to work not only with our team of attendants but also with the community collaboration, for urgent matters we always suggest that you use the Help Desk.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

All the best!