[Solved] Fed Ex Shipping Quotes

I am using the Fed Ex API, and I am getting back quotes, but the problem is, I am getting quotes for multiple packages instead of just one package.  If my customer orders 5 items in there cart, then they are quoted for 5 different packages instead of just one package.  I tried to send a support ticket for this issue, but no response.

If my customer orders quantity of 10, they are not going to pay shipping for 10 different packages.  That makes shipping cost extremely high!!!  Can you help me with this issue??  There has to be a way to bundle the entire purchase into one package to get a shipping quote for just one package.  PLEASE HELP!!!

I have even contacted Fed Ex and they said its a shopping cart issue in the way a quote is requested.  Nothing Fed Ex can do on thier end.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your post.

As we mentioned in your support tickets, we are currently working on a way to make the FedEx payment method behave differently - i.e. to group all products in the shopping cart together for one shipping quote.

We'll be in touch as soon as this has been achieved, and hope it will be soon!

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having this same issue....

I'm a bit bothered by the response though, Phil. 

If you knew FedEx doesn't work properly, why is it included with the plugin? Shouldn't you waited until it was working properly? 

This is one of the reasons I just bought this plugin/switched to using this one (FedEx integration) . 

Are you saying above that you know it can't charge a shipping properly for multiple products and "you're working on it"? lol 

That's a pretty "big" issue, Phil. :\ 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Jay,

Thank you for your post and for the basting.

Antonie, the author of the plugin, has been working with you via support ticket to try and resolve the issue.

Please reply here and mark the title as [SOLVED] when it is, will you?

Thanks,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2013
    Can this solution be shared.  I am having the same issue.  Or do I need open a support ticket?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi guys,

We have improved this in our latest development with the help of @OctopusTwo

We're adding a setting so that you can choose if the FedEx shipping rates calculation in the WordPress Shopping Cart plugin should calculate the individual packages or just by order weight. If you choose the order weight since you'll be shipping all items in a single package, then the rate will be more affordable of course.

We will release an update shortly with this included.