[Solved] Problem with vertical pictures.

First of all, thanks for plugin.

It works great, I only have one problem. I have responsive theme. Auto height works, but it create a problem with vertical pictures. Since it resize picture to full width, my vertical picture is huge! Is there any way to set some max hight, and not to have my picture crop? In another words, can I set so my pictures scale to hight I set?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Nemgrujic

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you have the autoheight setting/checkbox on?
    And as a result the images become too high?

There is currently no setting to set a maximum height.
    It is either autoheight on or off. On doing what you described and off cropping/cutting the image off.

I can add this to our development list, please just confirm. Do you need a setting to set autoheight on but also specify a maximum height that it can be? In percentage or pixels?

I look forward to your response.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for answer,

Yes, that is my problem. Im creating responsive wp theme for photographer. The problem is, he has a lot of vertical pictures. They cannot be cropped, but with autoheght, they are enormous. Since it is responsive theme, max height in would be better. To have some otpion to set auto height, but if height is larger than some percent of width, set to max height, and scale the picture.
    By the way, is there a way to scale pics? I am new to this kind of things. 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Nemgrujic

Thank you for your response.

We have added this to our development list.
    For now, will you manage by either turning off auto height or by making the images less tall?

Scale? Do you want to reduce the original pictures in size?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, how can I set picures to scale? 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Nemgrujic

What do you mean with scale?
    Do you want to reduce the width/height?

You can do that in the WordPress media gallery/library.
    And then use those media library items as slides accordingly under Slideshow > Manage Slides.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@Nemgrujic

We have developed a setting to set the auto height maximum under Slideshow > Configuration or via an autoheight_max shortcode/function parameter that takes a pixel value.

We will release an update shortly with this feature included.