[SOLVED] Remove "Posted on [date]" from newsletter text

edited September 2012 in Newsletter plugin
Hi!

So, I use weekly newsletter with excerpts, which all works perfectly fine.
However, as the first line under the title of each post entry, there is some whitespace, a line stating when the post was made, and then some further whitespace before the content begins.

To aid readability, I would like to remove the 2x whitespace and the sentence regarding post date.

Can this be done?

Kind regards,
Rasmus

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    Hi Rasmus,

The "Posted on..." date appears below the subject of each post created with the [wpmlposts...] shortcode. This can be removed by adding the 'showdate' parameter with value "N" to the shortcode like this [wpmlposts showdate="N".....].

I trust this will solve both the date and whitespace issue, but would you please just confirm that?

Best Regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Indeed it did!

Can you tell me how to implement the same solution for the Latest Posts Subscription newsletter?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response, Rasmus.

I'm glad that it worked great for you!

The best way to do it for the latest posts subscription is to edit it's template file located at "wp-mailinglist/views/*themefolder*/latestposts.php" where you can remove the "Posted on...." string/element.

Please let me know if this helps!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    There is only one folder with a "latestposts.php" in the "views" folder, namely "default". Should I make an new folder with my own theme's name, copy the .php and edit that version?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Rasmus,

You could simply edit the file /wp-mailinglist/views/default/latestposts.php if you wanted to (but keep a backup copy of the edited file on your PC for future plugin updates).

Alternatively you could make a duplicate copy of the entire /default/ folder, name it anything you want, edit the latestposts.php file and then select that folder as your working theme in Newsletters > Configuration > General > Theme, Scripts & CSS. Once again though, I would suggest keeping an offsite backup copy of the theme in case of plugin updates (which would delete your custom theme).

I hope this helps? Please let us know if this worked for you.

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Did the solution work fine for you Rasmus?
    Will you let us know if you need further help please?