[SOLVED] Adding Shop Pages to a Menu

edited September 2012 in Shopping Cart plugin
I'm trying to figure out how to add the shop pages to a menu in my WordPress website. I don't want to use the sidebar widget as the Gift Shop (and the pages containing the products) is just part of my main navigation.

I can't find the shop categories that I added anywhere on the Menu section of WordPress though or any way of finding out the shop category urls without enabling the widget.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Thank you for your post, norlink.

Are you using WordPress dynamic drag/drop menus?
    If you are, you can do this under Appearance > Menus in WordPress.

Depending on if you're using posts or pages in the Shopping Cart plugin.
    Based on that, categories will be either posts or pages. Same for products and suppliers.

We have a release coming out shortly with custom post types to make this easier.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am using the dynamic drag/drop menus.

I set it up to use Posts since I'll have more than 50 products in the shopping cart, as per the instructions in the Configuration. Is there a way to set the shop categories as pages (or is this what you meant was coming in a new release)? I didn't see an option to do that anywhere, but could just be missing it.

I don't see the shop categories listed under the Pages box (or the Pages page in the dashboard) and I don't see anything listed under categories.

When I create a product, I select the Category that it shows up in. Do I need to also select a Post Category and if so how do I link them up with the Shop Categories.

Just a little confused as to how to do this!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

You can already choose between posts/pages in the configuration.
    You can do this under Checkout > Configuration > General > Posts/Pages and Categories Settings.
    If you made a change, click the "Update all shop posts/pages" link on the right so the plugin can update.

It sounds like you're currently using posts so the categories, suppliers and products will be under the posts box. You can browse to find them or just search for them according to your needs under Appearance > Menus.

Selecting the post categories for the posts is just used for the permalinks.
    Selecting the shop category (different from post categories) organizes the product(s) into that category(ies).

Let me know if this helps okay?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Perfect. That works. I didn't realize that Posts were not automatically shown and that I had to go to Screen Options on the Menu page and check them to appear. I'm still learning WordPress and the Shopping Cart Plug in.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

I'm glad to hear that it works fine for you now.
    Let us know if you need any further assistance please.