Top 10 Video Hosting Sites
Videos are the most engaging type of content and there are many reasons why you should include them on your website. But before you do, have you thought about how you’re going to host your video content? If you want to host it yourself, that’s not really a good idea.
The best choice is to find a good video hosting site. But with so many hosting sites available, it can be hard to find one that is reliable enough. That’s why we’ve created this list of the top 10 video hosting sites that are reliable and a perfect fit for any website.
#1 – Wave.video
Wave.video is a professional video hosting solution that any business can use to its fullest, no matter what industry and niche they’re in. Not only is it good for business websites, but it can be used by anyone, including education websites, blogs, and eCommerce websites.
Some features you can expect from Wave.video include:
- A fully customizable player that allows you to set custom player colors, choose a custom thumbnail and define the beginning and end of every video
- A smooth watching experience for your audience
- Easily shareable videos that you can easily protect with a password
#2 – Vimeo
Vimeo is a hosting solution that’s the perfect choice for anyone who is looking to make videos, tell amazing stories, and fascinate their audience. No matter if you’re a team of marketers looking to make promotional videos, an educational organization, or even an individual who just loves to express themselves through video, with Vimeo you will find what you’re looking for.
Depending on your needs, you can choose from 4 different plans. For those who don’t require too many features, they can opt for the Plus plan starting at $7 a month. However, those who want to experience the best features Vimeo has to offer can pay $75/month for their Premium plan.
With the premium plan, you can do many things such as:
- Organize as many live events as you wish thanks to unlimited live streaming and live viewers
- Never worry about storage space, as Vimeo has a total storage of 7TB
- Be in constant communication with your viewers though audience chat
- Organize live Q&As to connect with audiences
- Always have new viewers thanks to Vimeo’s lead generation
- Track your progress via Google Analytics
#3 – Wistia
Many successful businesses use Wistia to create and manage video content due to its many features that allow you to make video marketing easier than ever. This hosting website lets you do much more than just post videos.
The video content you create with Wistia can be completely customized to match your branding and make it recognizable and unique. And furthermore, the platform’s simple interface allows anyone to create videos, no matter how much technical knowledge they possess.
With Wistia, you can:
- Embed videos on your website with ease
- Gather content from your viewers to generate sales leads
- Get a detailed analysis of your viewers and their interactions with your content
#4 – Vidyard
Vidyard is perfect for those looking for a video platform that allows them to use online videos as a marketing tool that drives revenue and reinvents how businesses connect with customers. Anyone who wants to promote their business can do so through Vidyard, no matter if you’re a small company or a large enterprise.
Its free version has limited but still useful features such as recording, uploading, and sharing. However, the paid packages are those that really allow you to get the most out of your marketing videos.
Some things you can do with Vidyard include:
- Make sales through your videos by placing CTA buttons in them
- Choose the best performing video thumbnail by doing A/B tests on them
- Protect all of your videos with passwords
- Find out what your customers think about your videos and business thanks to enabled replies
#5 – SproutVideo
If you’re new to video marketing and are looking for a hosting site that can take the guesswork out of online video sharing, look no further than SproutVideo. Test out its features in the free trial and you’ll probably want to upgrade to the paid version soon enough.
This is because the platform offers many features that allow you to grow a business and capture leads:
- Marketing platforms with easy integrations
- Video SEO that can help you get your website to a high-ranking position on Google
- Video analytics that you can use to track video engagement
#6 – YouTube
Out of all video hosting sites on the internet, YouTube is undoubtedly the most popular. It allows you to create your own channel, upload videos, and build a following. A large number of business owners and marketers choose YouTube as a hosting site because it offers amazing exposure.
If you manage to create good videos, you can grow an audience that will fall in love with your videos as well as your business.
Another bonus of using YouTube as your video hosting site is that it has a Partner Program that you can join to make money from your videos. There are also other benefits such as video editing tools, the ability to upload longer videos, as well as analytics.
#7 – Dailymotion
Dailymotion is a video hosting site that has many features similar to YouTube’s. However, it’s an amazing platform in its own rights and shouldn’t be considered as a copy of YouTube. With Dailymotion, you can create amazing videos that allow you to establish your own brand.
Some things you can do with Dailymotion include:
- Upload up to 96 times a day
- Create playlists effortlessly with the drag and drop feature.
- Increase SEO by adding descriptions, titles, and tags to videos
- See what your viewers think by enabling comments
- Determine who can see your videos with privacy settings
# 8 – Wix Video
Wix Video is a video hosting service that allows you to upload videos directly to their website, but you can also upload them to other platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo. With Wix Video, you can easily create and customize videos that will look great on screens of all sizes.
Some features of Wix Video are:
- High-quality streaming for all videos
- Video analytics
- A fully customizable layout and design
- Pre-made video templates
- Live streaming
- 360 videos
#9 – iPlayer HD
iPlayer is a two-in-one private video host platform and video player that makes it easy to upload and manage all of your videos. It has multiple different versions for websites such as Wix, Weebly, and WordPress, and another for real estate professionals.
As it’s a private video hosting, your videos will all be ad-free and your audience won’t be bothered by distracting messages and video suggestions.
Some of iPlayer’s features include:
- File uploads up to 50 gigabytes in size
- Uploading custom images
- Social sharing and downloading
- Video SEO
- Customizable control bar
- Embed sharing
- Video looping
#10 – Video Cloud by Brightcove
Those who are looking for a publishing platform and video hosting website in one will love Video Cloud by Brightcove. It’s not a good choice for amateurs, as it’s very complicated and feature-rich, but it’s ideal for professional marketers and large enterprises.
Their least expensive plan is $199/month, but you can test it out with a free trial to see if it’s a good fit.
Here’s what makes Brightcove so perfect for businesses:
- Data-driven insights that are based on viewing data
- Top of the line security and support for all videos
- Tools that allow you to post your videos on multiple social media websites
- Video management
- The ability to advertise and monetize all videos
The video hosting site you choose can significantly influence the quality of your videos and whether your audience enjoys them. As a content creator, you need to know all of the options you have for hosting sites so you can choose the best fit for your business videos.
Don’t just choose a video hosting service because it’s popular or because it’s cheap. Instead, choose one that will help you show off your videos in the best possible light.This content has been Digiproved © 2020 Tribulant Software
Dave is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded Shortlist in 2018, a marketing un-agency that serves as an outsourced dedicated marketing team. He has also co-founded Less.churn, a churn reduction app, prior to selling it in 2018. In 2012, he quit his job to travel the world, and has visited over 65 countries.
Beautiful Newsletter Templates
Professional newsletter templates that are fully responsive for desktop, tablet, and mobile. They are 100% cross-client compatible.
No comments yet