The Most Important Design Elements Of An Ecommerce Website
The last few years have seen Ecommerce websites taking the world by storm. With global sales from Ecommerce hitting nearly 5 Trillion Dollars, the industry is set to redefine the way consumers shop from brands.
The pandemic has also given a shot-in-the-arm to Ecommerce businesses worldwide. With physical shops and retailers closing down because of social distancing norms, Ecommerce businesses were the only ones that were allowed to do business by governments.
However, it should be pointed out that while investing in websites and starting an Ecommerce platform is a great idea, there are multiple challenges and variables that define whether it will be successful or not.
One of the most important starting points in this regard is the design of the Ecommerce website. In this article, we look at listing down some of the core design elements of an Ecommerce website. Before we get to the list, let us first look at some of the major benefits that come with having a great Ecommerce website design.
Major Benefits of Having An Attractive and Performance-Oriented Ecommerce Website Design
According to leading design experts, the following are some of the advantages of having a great Ecommerce website design-
- The first thing a good design brings to an Ecommerce website is credibility. Audiences immediately start thinking of a brand as being reputed, credible, and trustworthy. This helps in positively influencing purchase decisions from the brand.
- Once the trust is developed, the next advantage a good design helps in achieving is improving conversion rates. More people start feeling confident about making sales purchases from the platform. Healthy conversion rates are a good sign for a business.
- A good website helps in showcasing the products of your brand in a positive light. This means that the more attractive you can make your product, the better will be the reputation, branding, and sales figures for your Ecommerce business. Get help from branding services for better results if you are facing difficulty.
- Most Ecommerce businesses want to create their own branding. Having a definite design, logos, and color schemes can go a long way in helping set up branding for the business. Once this is achieved, everything else can follow sales, revenues, and more.
- The UI and UX aspect of an Ecommerce website can help in understanding customer choices better. This means that a good Ecommerce website design helps in creating easy and engaging navigational experiences for customers.
As you can see from the list of advantages above, Ecommerce businesses need to invest in a great and aesthetically pleasing design for their website.
List of Most Important Design Elements of an Ecommerce Website
- Highest Selling Products Section at the top-
Every time someone new visits your website for the first time, they should be aware that what others like to buy. This helps in boosting confidence for a new buyer when he sees that individuals like him have bought certain products. This not only helps in boosting confidence but also influences purchasing decisions significantly.
- Bundled Product Collections on the Home-Page-
Ecommerce websites should move beyond individual product showcasing and seek to offer assortments and bundles. For example, a fashion brand needs to move beyond a pair of jeans and start highlighting entire ‘fashion looks’. This includes jeans, tees, shoes, accessories, and so on. This helps in creating easy understanding for the buyer and helps them make buying decisions.
- Strategically Placed Call-To-Action (CTA) Buttons-
The heart of any great Ecommerce website design is a CTA button. This is what you need to help improve your conversion and sales rates. While CTAs need to be present, they should not spoil the customer experience. You do not want to be desperate in terms of offering CTAs everywhere on your page. On the other hand, CTAs help in the navigation of the visitors as well.
- Attractive and Informative Product Displays-
You need to invest in the product page of your Ecommerce website design. Having an attractive product page with a complete product layout and information can help in improving sales. You should have multiple product images listed with the ability to zoom in on them. If possible, you have videos on the pages as well. Ensure you have information that is helpful for the buyers.
- Mobile Optimization and App Design-
90% of all individuals who are going to access your Ecommerce platform are going to do so via a mobile version or an app. This means that you need to ensure that the website version is completely aligned with your mobile version. In case there are any discrepancies, your site will lose out on SEO performance as well as customers because of poor website experiences.
- Adding Ratings and Reviews to the Design-
While many Ecommerce businesses are always in two minds when it comes to adding ratings and reviews, experts suggest that they should. Positive reviews and ratings can help in positively influencing customer decisions and choices. It also helps in boosting the branding and credibility of an Ecommerce business. It shows that the brand is confident and transparent.
- Putting Brand Contact Information in an Accessible Place-
If you are a new brand and are not too confident about your logistics and supply, you need to put in extra effort into your CRM. This means highlighting the brand contact information, feedback forms and get in touch with us sections in a bold manner. In case, there are any issues, customers can easily find the same and allow you to redress their major complaints.
The Final Analysis
Creating a performance and result-oriented Ecommerce platform is not easy. Given the level of competition out there, a brand needs to be at the top of its game to become successful. An attractive and SEO-optimized design is one of the first major ways a brand can hope to make a difference.
Working with an expert design and development agency that specializes in making Ecommerce platforms can be something brands should consider. If you are looking to create a loyal fan following, you need to invest in your Ecommerce platform.
If you have any more questions, you would like to raise or require clarifications on any of the points listed in the article, let us know in the comments section below. We will try our best to address them to the best of our abilities.