How to Succeed in Video Marketing?
Content marketing was a buzzword in marketing for many years. At present, it’s cost-effective and a customer-friendly way to generate or convert leads.
Hence, marketers are now leveraging the power of video content marketing to reach new prospects and generate more revenue.
Video content marketing is the same as content marketing but deals with the video. By 2021, 80% of global internet consumption will be video content. The number indicates the importance of video marketing for businesses. As a result, the need for video marketers will increase in the coming years.
But, how do you ensure you get noticed by potential employers? Here are six ways to become a great video marketer and build a career of it.
1- Learn Video Marketing
The first step is to get an education and gain experience in the video marketing field.
Traditional education is a great option. There are plenty of courses and programs that would be a good fit, one of which is a digital media program that will teach the knowledge and skills required to become a highly valued video marketer.
You will study the psychology of design and how to apply it in video marketing. You’ll also build foundational skills in digital illustration, animation, and visual thinking.
But a formal education is not required. For those who don’t want to go back to school or who can’t afford a college education, there are plenty of courses online that can teach you only what you need to know to get started in the world of video marketing.
Marketing courses also teach how to use the latest sophisticated tools to make your video content more engaging and entice viewers into taking your desired action. The next step is to showcase your skills by creating videos and promoting them.
Over time as you gain more experience, degree or not, you’ll be a seasoned video marketer with real, hands-on experience, not just theory, and that carries value as well.
2- Set a Goal
What’s common in the most successful video marketers? They set a goal before creating a strategy for their video content.
Ask these two questions to yourself:
- Why do you want to create the video?
- What is that you want to achieve? Increase brand awareness? Generate more leads? Or boost the engagement rate?
Answering these questions will enable you to set a laser-focused goal, increasing your chances of succeeding.
Depending on your goals, you can create different types of videos like explainers, interviews, or product reviews to reach prospects.
3- Find Your Target Audience
Once you have decided on your goals, you need to find your target audience.
You are likely to see failure if you create videos without keeping a specific target audience in mind.
Here are some ways to find your target audience:
- Analyze your best and worst-performing blog posts (if you have).
- Monitor your social activity. Check who is engaging with your brand regularly. Leverage Facebook Insights to determine the demographic of your followers.
- Dig into your website’s analytics (if you have) to find people who are visiting your site.
- Conduct surveys for your website visitors and email subscribers.
- Analyze your competitor’s social media followers.
4- Analyze the Market and Competitors
The next stage is finding the gaps and opportunities in the market. Study the market and understand the needs of your target audience. This will help you identify opportunities.
Use tools like Omniconvert to better understand your target audience. Create surveys to determine what kind of video they expect to see from you to increase the engagement rate. This will help you lay a firm foundation for your video.
Review your video marketing style to get a broader view of what’s working and what’s not.
Also, analyze what kind of videos your competitors are posting and how frequently? This will help you come up with a unique and better video marketing strategy.
5- Promote Your Video on Social Media
In order to watch your videos, your target audience first needs to find them. Promote your video on various social networks to boost its visibility.
The latest video marketing statistics show that 93% of marketers claim the video is an essential part of their marketing plan and strategy. Videos provide a great return on investment and if you’re looking to build a career in marketing, get ready to dig deep into the subject. You can always start with learning how different social media platforms work, and explore posting videos on your own before you start working as a marketer.
When optimizing your videos for a social media channel, you’ll want to ensure that you’re familiar with the best online platforms.
When uploading videos on social media, follow the best practices for each platform.
- Facebook: Keep videos short, and upload videos directly to Facebook and add captions. Facebook auto-plays videos on mute when a user scrolls past it. Adding captions helps grab the attention of those users and make them watch your video.
- YouTube: YouTube is the biggest video-focused social media platform. Make the most of YouTube by publishing videos regularly.
- Twitter: Upload short videos and increase their visibility by using good hashtags. Look for how your target audience reacts to your videos and optimize them for better engagement.
Optimize your videos in a way that they rank well on the platform. You can request viewers to do certain things, such as:
- Get them to subscribe to your channel
- Direct them to your website
- Ask them to connect with your social media pages
- Ask them questions and request to put comments
- Suggest the related videos
Here are some other tips to give a killer reach for your video:
- Keep your videos short
- Be authentic
- Portray professionalism
- Give effective and attractive effects to video.
6- Tell Stories With Video
Every video has its own style. So, try different styles until you find one that resonates best with your audience. Then make efforts to improve it. There are useful tools like Film Impact to help you with this, making your high-quality video a pleasure to watch.
Test out all these aspects for video marketing:
- The style and tone.
- Type of video content, such as educational, promotional, or a mix of both.
- How this topic reaches the customer’s mindset.
Storytelling plays a vital role in video marketing. As per people’s present mindset, they might forget the stats you said often, but they may remember the crazy or funny topic you talked about in your video.
Nowadays, stories are the best way to get your message across.
- Explain trend: Search for a new hot topic around your business and share your opinion on that trend.
- Educate and Inspire: Share an inspirational story so you can grab customers’ attention, which, in turn, generates great responses.
- Show your strength: Start showing your brand’s power through your videos. Your videos should be able to portray the image of your brand precisely and should be able to catch the target audience’s attention.
The need for skilled video marketers is increasing. By doing a course and implementing your knowledge in real-life, you can increase your chances of getting noticed and hired. Make sure to set a goal every time you create a video, identify your target audience, and find gaps in the market. Tell stories with videos to boost engagement and promote your video content on social media to increase visibility.