How to Enhance Your Crypto Website’s Trust: Learn from the Best and Avoid Identity Crisis
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reported around 46,000 traders losing over $1 billion in crypto scams since 2021.
As lucrative as cryptocurrency is, it has become a breeding ground for scams of varying degrees. Innocent traders are lured in with the promise of high profits on low investments and then looted by scammers. This has led to distrust rising among traders for crypto trading platforms.
Traders are understandably scared of platforms, especially newer platforms, even if it promises safety.
Let’s take a look at how you can build your crypto trading platform in a way that has its unique identity and inspires trust in traders.
Your website’s brand identity in 2023: learn from the best and avoid identity crisis
There are many ways a trader is scammed in the crypto world. Almost all of them involve unauthorized users or transactions that escape security nets and are able to stay undetected.
Most crypto websites promise security to their traders, but scammers bypass their security measures, leading to mistrust among traders.
To build a crypto brand identity that inspires trust and confidence among traders and has a unique identity of its own, you need to ensure that you offer foolproof security first and foremost.
Not only that, but you also need to advertise the various measures you take so that your patrons know and understand that they are genuinely safe with you. This should make up the crux of your website design to enhance crypto website trust. And this is what’ll help you stand out and create a unique identity for yourself in a sea of crypto platforms.
Let’s take a look at how you can enhance crypto trust on your website and establish a solid brand identity in 2023:
1. Understand how crypto website scams happen
The first step in enhancing trust through your website is to understand how crypto scams through websites work. This will help you identify design elements that pave the way for the scam as well as the ones that ensure safety.
This way, you will be able to know what to include and what not to include in your website and curate it in a way that is optimized to restrict scammers. It will also help you stand out as traders will identify the safety measures being taken for them.
There are three visual elements of a website that scammers target:
1. Secure your payment gateway
Trusted platforms such as Moonpay or Binance have secured gateways to make transactions happen. They usually have simple and limited steps that make sure the transactions take as little time as possible.
If you were to buy BTC on Moonpay, you’d have to take as few as four steps through a secured gateway. This inspires trust in a trader, especially a beginner.
Payments are the most important aspect of a crypto website. They need to be simple, secure, and quick to ensure maximum transactions through them. They help you enhance your website design to inspire trust and enhance your credibility.
Here’re a few tips to optimize your payment gateway:
- Prepare a structure in advance. Make sure it offers ample options but is also simple to follow.
- Choose a trusted payment processor.
- Set up a customer relationship management system to help traders with transactions.
- Don’t allow untrustworthy payment options.
2. Monitor communication on your platform
Unauthorized communication is at the core of any online fraud, crypto included. Scammers lure traders by contacting them on trading websites and offering a more profitable exchange. To build a trusted brand image, you need to restrict/eliminate unauthorized communication on your website.
- Allow any activity only after one creates an account and verifies it, even if they don’t intend to indulge in monetary transactions right away.
- Take thorough measures to verify traders to allow them on your website.
- Monitor communication between traders on the platform, especially if unsolicited links are being shared.
- Allow traders to report any sort of communication from other traders that they might find suspicious.
3. Provide safety guidance at every step
One of the most prominent ways to assure your patrons that you’re a platform to be trusted is to assist them in safety at every turn. Advertise that you’re a secure platform. List out the ways you protect your traders in detail.
A scam website would not be this thorough in talking about safety. It may mention it to seem legitimate, but when you go into the details of how you provide safety to your traders, it becomes authentic and garners trust.
2. Build a unique brand image
An identity crisis arises for crypto platforms when they’re too similar to their contemporaries. To build a unique image for yourself, pick an aspect of crypto trading and focus on it. Here’re a few ideas to inspire a unique element in your platform:
- You may educate traders, especially novice traders about the marketto help them hone their strategies.
- You can focus on the simplicity of your platform compared to others. Single out how yours is better.
- The focus of your brand could be security and how you strive to create a secure, harmonious platform for traders.
- The USP can be the variety you offer with crypto options. This will help you attract a wide group of traders as you will have something for everyone.
Binance — a shining example of building a trustworthy crypto brand
Binance, a trading platform founded in 2017, has quickly risen up the ranks to establish itself as a world leader in crypto exchange. It has been able to do that with a strong focus on the security of its traders.
It not only deploys top-notch security measures but has established itself as a thought leader in the industry by breaking news stories that impact traders.
It also provides valuable information to traders in simplified terms to help them enhance their trading.
3. Build a trustworthy website
Websites that have lackluster designs raise suspicion in traders about their validity. Having exceptional design helps you captivate users from the get-go. It subconsciously lets them know that you’ve put effort into creating the platform and is worth their time.
Here are some elements that can raise suspicion on your website:
- Having incorrect or missing website particulars such as misspelled URLs, no SSL certificate, or suspicious domain name.
- No contact information or one that may not seem legitimate.
- Grammatical errors or vague information.
Here’s what you should focus on in your website design to make it trustworthy:
- Have a stunning and captivating design. Work with professionals if you can afford to build a website that emanates the effort put into it.
- Advertise the security measures you’ve taken and invite traders to learn more about them.
- Have a professional logo and an ‘about’ page — these elements lend credibility to your site.
- Means to contact you with ease. It makes you appear closer and enhances your credibility.
4. Focus on establishing credibility
Establishing your credibility is crucial in earning the trust of your customers. We talked about having a well-made website and how it lends you credibility. Additionally, you should work on expanding your online presence as much as you can.
It will help you familiarize yourself with your target audience. The more they see you, the more they’ll be able to recognize and trust you. Here are some ways to do it:
- Publish blog posts that provide valuable information about trading.
- Be active on social media.
- Create guides and tutorials about safe trading.
- Don’t just break news, talk about how it will impact users and how they can capitalize on it.
5. Enhance trust with customers
To enhance trust with your customers, create content that provides value to them.
Dedicate a section of your website to rich resources that relay valuable trading information, especially for newcomers. Create guides and tutorials that help traders identify theft and avoid them.
This practical knowledge will help them navigate the crypto landscape with awareness. They will not only appreciate your effort but will also return to your content again and again for more knowledge. It will also help cement your platform as one that truly cares about the protection of users.
Value and trust are two most important aspects to stand out as a crypto platform
Cryptocurrency is a revolution that has taken the world by storm. As more and more users join the crypto revolution, many fall prey to scammers lurking to catch them.
To create a unique image for your crypto website, you need to ensure that you provide top-notch security to your users. Put effort into the design of your website to let users know it’s worth their time and attention.
Provide sources that will help them protect themselves from fraud. It lends credibility to you and helps you build a unique brand that puts trader safety first and foremost.
Let us know in the comments what you think is the most efficient way to inspire trust in traders with your website.
Alex Popov is a talented freelance SEO content writer with over three years of experience in the SEO industry. Alex has an impressive track record of producing high-quality articles that consistently rank at the top of search engine results. As a content writer and SEO specialist, Alex’s primary concern is crafting valuable and engaging content that precisely caters to the needs and interests of the target audience.