Is the Importance of Web Design Overhyped?
Every web design agency in the world will swear by the criticality of website design for determining the success of a business.
And this begs the question: Is the importance of web design overhyped?
Well, the question of whether web design is overrated or not is highly subjective.
But, a vast majority of consumers believe that your business quality correlates directly with your website quality. And, it makes sense, considering that all the successful websites have invested a substantial amount of resources to achieve a competitive edge.
We’ll not negate nor add fire to the already heated debate. But, we’ll provide some crazy statistics and leave the rest up to you to decide. However, first, a primer on website personalization and how it can impact your website.
What Is Website Personalization?
Website personalization is the art of building a customized website experience for each visitor that comes to your website.
Rather than providing a one size fits all experience, website personalization allows you to provide your customers with unique characteristics tailored to their needs. Website personalization comes in many forms, with personalization by geography being one of them.
Geographical personalization is an approach used by many e-commerce stores like Amazon. It customizes content based on the geographical region a user is in. For example, you may choose to redirect users from the US to a page specifically designed for US audiences.
If well implemented, geographical personalization can draw targeted traffic to your website and help you to amass a solid base of loyal customers. But it can also be expensive and time-consuming to implement as it may sometimes require web translation.
The trick is to find a local web design agency that is experienced in creating personalized websites. For example, if you’re in Colorado, you might want to have your Denver website designed by FreshySites. They offer a wide range of WooCommerce website design and development services and will also optimize your website for local SEO.
Important Web Design Statistics
One of the reasons why the importance of web design is overhyped is due to the ton of research that has been conducted on the topic. Here are some key web design stats to keep in mind.
- Given 15 minutes to consume content, 67% of people would prefer to read a beautifully designed piece over plain content.
- 94% of visitors create their first impression of a website based on web design alone.
- 61% of users leave websites with lousy navigation.
- 89% of consumers will switch to the competition due to a poor user experience.
- 48% of users believe web design is the no. 1 factor when judging the credibility of a business.
- 57% of consumers wouldn’t recommend a business without a mobile-friendly interface.
- 40% of users will leave a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
- 47% of consumers expect a website to load in less than two seconds.
- An increase in a site’s loading speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost a site’s conversion rate by up to 74%.
- 74% of visitors are more likely to return to a mobile-friendly website.
For many people, web design is the driving force behind their business success. If you’re one of those people, you’re only partially right.
What these numbers do is provide proof that web design is crucial for your business success. But that’s just one piece of the puzzle. To succeed in your business, you will need more than a website; you’ll need resources and foolproof marketing strategies.This content has been Digiproved © 2020 Tribulant Software
Beautiful Newsletter Templates
Professional newsletter templates that are fully responsive for desktop, tablet, and mobile. They are 100% cross-client compatible.
No comments yet