3 Expert Ways to Improve Your WordPress Website
Thanks to the ease of website builders, such as WordPress, it is more than possible to make your own website in minutes. However, if you don’t see the results you want, then it might be time to take your WordPress website to the next level. If so, be sure to put the advice laid out below into practice.
Here are three things that you must do if you’re serious about improving your site:
Keep your dashboard clean
Having a ‘dirty’ WordPress dashboard could end up causing you some serious problems in the long run, mainly because they are easier to hack into. If you want to protect your site against the dangers of cybercrime, you must make an effort to keep your dashboard clean.
You can achieve this by:
- Keeping your WordPress core up to date (this task can be performed manually or it can be automated)
- Publishing or deleting all of your comments and trackbacks
- Uninstalling any old themes/plugins that you no longer have any use for
- Updating your themes/plugins whenever new updates become available
Spread the word about your site
If there isn’t an audience in place to take advantage of all the improvements that you make, then what’s the point in making changes? Drawing people to your product is crucial if you don’t want your web design efforts to go to waste, which is why you can’t afford to forget to advertise your site.
If you’re looking for a quick way to draw attention to your site and an easy way to increase your brand recognition, pay-per-click (PPC) is one of the best digital marketing techniques that you can embrace. This will entail you buying visits to your site rather than ‘earning’ them organically, which will ultimately allow you to spread the word about your site without the fuss and hassle that is traditionally associated with this all-important task.
Want your next pay-per-click campaign to go off without a hitch? If so, it’s essential that you research potential keywords before you embark on this marketing endeavor. If you don’t wish to perform this crucial task yourself, fear not as can always ask a PPC management company like Searchbloom to perform it for you. As well as providing comprehensive keyword research and discovery assistance, they also make the following expert paid media management services available:
- Campaign assessment/structure
- Budget allocation
- Creative and ad optimization
- Reporting and collaboration
Optimize your site’s speed
Is your site is slow to load and prone to freezing? If so, you need to do something about this problem before you push away any more members of your target audience that you worked so hard to gain. To optimize the speed of your website, you must:
- Align yourself with WordPress host that has a proven track when it comes to site speed
- Use an online speed inspection tool regularly to check your site’s loading times (loading times of under two seconds is what you should be aiming for)
- Get rid of any large images that serve you absolutely no purpose
- If your host doesn’t provide a caching service, get yourself a cache plugin
- Invest in a content delivery network (CDN) server
Put the above advice into practice, and you’ll be sure to improve your WordPress website in no time.