Top 5 Reasons Why WordPress Maintenance Is Essential
A website is imperative and its maintenance is a crucial part of the web development lifecycle. WordPress started as a blogging platform and has garnered immense popularity to become the world’s largest content management system in use today.
Currently, WordPress offers support to over 60 million websites as well as over 30 percent top 10 million websites of 2018 across the globe.
Even though this open-source CMS is majorly used for blogging, it offers a comprehensive set of features to build robust, large-scale complex online stores, media galleries, etc.
As a renowned WordPress development company, we have helped several clients worldwide develop appealing, intuitive and user-centric websites for their businesses.
WordPress is also known for continually evolving and introducing new features and security enhancements. Each WordPress version comes up with new and improved functionalities and secured features to make your site structure more robust and functional than ever.
However, if a WordPress site owner fails to upgrade to the latest version or neglects site maintenance, it can pose major data and financial threat to their business. It can even put a business reputation at stake. This is the reason why continuous WordPress website maintenance is just as important as having a website for your business.
There are numerous misconceptions about WordPress website maintenance being a task too cumbersome and time-consuming.
But in this blog, we have discussed how WordPress site maintenance can be an easy feat to undertake and its essential benefits.
Significance of WordPress Website Maintenance
There’s no doubt that an existing business website will continue to operate on an old WordPress version and you might as well fail to notice any essential inconvenience by avoiding one or two version updates for a WordPress version or plugin. But remember that version updates can accumulate quite rapidly.
Eventually, to a critical extent where your website becomes more vulnerable and the loopholes too apparent.
This can even refrain you from making vital big changes to your website. In some cases, the newer versions of plugins may not integrate with your older WordPress website version, resulting in poor performance of your website.
If your WordPress website experiences sluggish performance or minor issues and bugs, it likely that the issues are caused due to outdated versions and your website needs an immediate update If not, it is recommended to eliminate the possibilities of poor site performance so that your visitors can have an interrupted and seamless website user experience.
Having said that, partnering with a professional web development company like Peerbits can simplify and streamline your WordPress site maintenance tasks to let you focus on the other core aspects of your business.
Besides, you may overlook some technical details from a security viewpoint that a professional will take care of to safeguard website data and ensure its smooth functioning. The company also offers continuous monitoring services for effective site and security management.
5 Key Benefits of WordPress Maintenance
- Plugin Management– Plugins are standalone elements of software designed by various non-WordPress developers. When WordPress launches new updates for its software, it’s the owner/developer’s onus to update the plugins. This makes it important to research about a plugin, check the version history and reviews before you consider installing it. And once it is installed, ensure you keep it updated as and when the plugin developer releases new update compatible with WordPress.
- Fresh Look and Feel– No matter how well-designed your website design is, it will begin to look outdated or cluttered post a few years if it does not work faster. This does not mean, it needs a complete overhaul. It just needs a few design and plugin updates periodically.
- Eliminating Spam– Another major benefit of keeping your WordPress core and plugins updated is to keep your website from the spam. Any website that receives beyond an average amount of traffic will attract spam in the comments. This mandates WordPress maintenance to keep the spammers at bay. Removing spam comments and content from the website makes your site look more professional and reliable. It further encourages visitors to engage with your site, ultimately fulfilling your business goals and website traffic rate.
- Improved Website Performance– Each new release of WordPress comes with a plethora of performance enhancements that make the software faster and more efficient. Speed is a vital aspect of SEO and you must ensure keeping WordPress updated for optimum performance benefits.
- Security Issues– When you upgrade WordPress to the latest version, it’s likely for your files and information to becomes vulnerable for data attacks. Backing up your website data is a part of the maintenance process. Backup your site prior to installing the latest updates. Generally, all content management based websites are vulnerable to hacking. Hence, upgrading your WordPress website, themes and plugins will fix the vulnerabilities and prevent any possible malware infections and external attacks.
A Final Word
As the popular phrase goes, “Prevention is better than cure.” This saying is true in case of incorporating WordPress site maintenance into your website workflow strategy. WordPress maintenance helps you prevent disasters, data threats and keeps your site running smoothly.
An updated and well-maintained WordPress website often eliminates the chances of anything major going wrong while saving you the money you can otherwise invest in growing your business. We’d like to hear your views about the significance and benefits of WordPress site maintenance. Share it with us through the comments section below.
Author – Bio
Noman Shaikh is a Digital Marketing Head at Fixlastmile & eclinicaltrials which is known for developing top-notch last mile delivery Software. He believes in sharing his strong knowledge base with leaned concentration on entrepreneurship and business.This content has been Digiproved © 2019 Tribulant Software
Noman shaikh Digital Marketing Manager at Peerbits, one of the leading Web development company USA, in 2011 which provides Mobile app development services. His visionary leadership and flamboyant management style have yield fruitful results for the company. He believes in sharing his strong knowledge base with learned concentration on entrepreneurship and business
Start selling products, sending newsletters, publishing ads, and more through your own WordPress website using our premium WordPress plugins.
Here are the types of tasks that can be considered part of ongoing WordPress maintenance:
Updates: WordPress core updates, plugin updates, theme updates. This is a key element of all WordPress maintenance efforts, as not updating is one of the main reasons why websites get hacked.
Backups: database and files. And also making sure that the backups that you have do work. It’s actually reported that around 76 percent of WordPress users don’t use any backup plugin, so it’s not like backing up is common knowledge.
Security: scans, malware checks, security monitoring in general.
Performance optimization: making sure that the site works fast.
Comment spam handling.
Server-related maintenance: everything you’d normally do in cPanel.
SEO: taking care of your site’s internal structure to make it easier to rank.
Solving other miscellaneous issues as they come.