WordPress Tips: How to Promote Your WordPress Blog Right in 2021
WordPress is the most popular platform when it comes to creating a blog in 2021. Whether you are a beginner creating a personal blog or starting to promote a large business, the platform gives you all the tools you need to make your blog successful. However, it can be challenging to create and promote a new blog on WordPress, especially if you are a beginner.
For this reason, this guide will discuss the essential WordPress points and provide valuable marketing tips for successfully marketing your blog. Let us start by analyzing why WordPress is the best CMS (Content Management System) for blogs on the market.
Why Is WordPress So Popular?
WordPress was launched in 2003 and quickly became the most popular CMS for good reasons. Its popularity is based on the fact that WordPress has certain advantages over other platforms:
- Beginner-friendliness: WordPress has everything a beginner needs. It is created to help beginners quickly understand basic blog definitions like SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- User-interface: The platform does not have a steep learning curve, and users can learn to use it quickly even if they have no knowledge of programming or web development.
- Flexibility: WordPress is by far the most flexible content management system on the market. In fact, the platform offers countless plugins and blogging tools that help you create and promote your blog. Whether you want to add an SEO plugin to help you rank higher on Google or a Banner Ad plugin to quickly monetize your blog, WordPress has it all.
- Community: The community behind WordPress is very supportive and helps new bloggers create their websites from scratch.
Creating a Blog on WordPress: Important Points
If you are in the process of creating your blog from scratch, you should keep some important basic definitions in mind. The following important points will help you get the basics in place before you publish your WordPress blog:
- Hosting: Choosing your hosting provider is one of the first things you do when creating a blog on WordPress. Without hosting, you simply can’t publish anything. You can either choose one of WordPress’s hosting plans or go for a third-party hosting provider like Bluehost or Hostgator. No matter what you choose, keep in mind that hosting is vital for your traffic, blog speed, and more.
- Theme: After choosing a domain name and your hosting, you have to choose your theme. WordPress has numerous free and premium themes for you to choose from. Just make sure that your website’s design is mobile-friendly, quick (many themes slow your site speeds), and suitable for your niche.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is crucial for your blog to draw organic traffic. There are many SEO strategies that can help you optimize your site to be friendly for Google and other search engines.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a fantastic tool provided to all website owners by Google. Through Analytics, you will be able to track the overall performance of your blog.
10 Marketing Tips To Successfully Promote Your WordPress Blog
Even if you implement all the tips provided above, that doesn’t necessarily mean your blog will succeed instantly. Even if the basic tips aren’t enough to stand out from your competitors, there is another industry that will help: marketing. In fact, promoting your blog is extremely important for its success. Let’s have a look at the best WordPress marketing tips and hacks:
1) Be organized
Although many people underestimate this, organizing your content creation is one of the most important tips. If you want to successfully promote your blog, the first thing to do is stay motivated and create new content regularly. There are numerous calendar apps like Google Calendar that can help you organize your meetings, content creation, post uploads, etc.
2) Create Quality Content
Content should be your number one priority. There is no sufficient way to promote content that is not great. For this reason, you should always try to create engaging, high-quality blog posts. Also, keep in mind that longer (1000 words and more) posts usually rank higher on Google. If you don’t have the time to write all the content yourself, professional third-party services can help you create top-tier content.
3) Social Media Promotion
Promoting your blog posts through social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter is a brilliant tactic. Since social media promotion requires great visuals (photos and videos), some photo and video creators can help you create great visual content in no time. For example, you can have a look at Lightroom, a handy photo editor for photographers that can help you enhance your photos. Make sure to use Movavi Video Editor Plus to cut, trim, and edit your videos for social media.
4) Email Strategies
This wouldn’t be a complete list of marketing WordPress tips if we didn’t include email strategies. There are numerous ways to promote your blog through emails. For instance, setting up your email newsletter is a smart way to start. In any case, obtaining your blog visitors’ emails is crucial for this type of promotion.
5) Call To Action
It is important for your content to use a call to action. Although many blogs use CTAs only on the home page, it is a very effective marketing strategy to use them on all pages and posts.
6) Engagement through Comments
The fact that engagement is critical for any blog is no news. Answering and engaging with your audience through your posts comments is a smart way to retain traffic and gain more attention from Google. The same applies to your blogs, social media posts, and stories.
7) Great User Experience
Even if you create an excellent promotional strategy, it won’t be successful if your blog doesn’t provide a top-tier user experience. This means that your blog shouldn’t only look good but also offer a great and fast overall experience.
8) Offering Products
No matter what type of blog you decide to create, you can always add relevant products. This doesn’t have to be a physical product. For example, if you own a travel blog, you could create analytic PDF travel guides for your visitors. This is an innovative promotional strategy that can be used to collect your visitors’ emails as well.
9) Connect With Your Niche Experts
Starting a conversation or a brainstorming session with experts, influencers, and bloggers of your niche is a very smart thing to do. In general, interacting with your niches’ community can help you find new ideas. Apart from that, you can also have a look at successful blogs and see what they do differently.
10) Advertising Your Blog Articles
Advertising is a smart way to scale your marketing rapidly and draw attention to your blog. There are numerous ways to do it. Most people choose to promote their blogs on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Apart from that, you can also promote your blog for free by asking or answering questions on Quora.
The Bottom Line
All of the above tips can be very useful for promoting your blog. You do not have to implement every single one of them, but the more of them you apply, the better. The most important thing is to be consistent in promoting your WordPress blog. If you spend the necessary patience and time, you will eventually find the best promotional efforts for your WordPress blog.
Victoria is a content manager in Movavi Software Inc., a company creating all-in-one multimedia software. She specializes in researching complex topics and making them easy to understand in blog posts and articles. In her free time she writes short stories and essays.