FAQ: Group > View Group
FAQs > Groups > View Group
1. All Groups
You can click on “All Groups” to see all the FAQs that have been created.
2. Order Questions
Clicking this button will take you to another page which will allow you to manually change the order of the questions. The order chosen will dictate how they appear in the list on the front-end for the specific group or how they appear in the [wpfaqs] shortcode (which shows all questions).
Clicking this button will open the ‘Save a Group’ screen, where you will be able to edit the details of the selected group.
If you would like to permanently delete the group, click this button. A confirmation dialog will be shown but once ‘OK’ has been clicked, this action cannot be undone.
This shows the name of the group that you are viewing.
6. Parent Group
This shows you the parent group to which this group belongs.
This indicates whether or not the group is active or inactive. If a group is active and you would like to ‘deactivate’ it, or if a group is inactive and you would like to ‘activate’ it, then click the ‘Edit’ button referred to in #3 and look for the ‘Active Status’ Option.
8. Search box
This lets you know if you chose to have a search box shown on the front-end of your page for customers to use. You can activate this option by going to the ‘Edit’ page like shown in #3.
9. Ask Box
This option places a submission box below the group questions for users/members to ask questions. You can activate this option by going to the ‘Edit’ page like shown in #3.
10. Display Author
This option lets you know whether the author will be displayed or not.
This option displays the date that your group was created.
This shows the date when your group was last modified.
13. Total Questions
This displays the total amount of questions you have in this group.
This shows the type and the link to the front-end of the site where the group page is. Click on the link to see the front-end as the user would see it.
This shows all the questions assigned to the selected group and managing any of the questions there manages them in all areas of the plugin. For further information, see Questions > Manage Questions. Click on ‘Add New’ to add a new question.
16. Export/Export All
You can export any number of questions by ticking the box next to them and clicking on Export. If you want to export all of them, click on Export All.
17. Order Questions
With this option, you can choose in which order you would like your questions to be displayed. To choose the order of your question, click on “Order Questions”, and on the next page, click and hold on the question you want to move and drag it to the desired spot. Wait for a message to appear, indicating that the order was saved.
18. Bulk Actions
With bulk actions, you have the following options you can use:
- Delete: If you would like to permanently delete the question, then tick the box next to the question(s) you would like to delete, select “Delete” in Bulk Actions and then click on “Apply” for the action to take affect. Warning: This doesn’t only remove it from the group, but it actually fully deletes the question from everywhere.
- Move to group: Tick the box next to the question(s) you would like to move to another group and click on “Apply” for the action to take affect.
- Set As Approved: Tick the box next to the question(s) you would like to be set as approved. The question(s) will be active and will be shown on the front-end of your site.
- Set As Unapproved: Tick the box next to the question(s) you would like set as unapproved. The question(s) will be inactive and will not show on the front-end of your site.
- Delete Email Address: Tick the box next to the questions from which you would like to remove the email address of the author.
19. Filter: Show All
This setting has 3 options:
- Show All: This shows all your approved and unapproved questions you have in your group.
- Show Approved Only: This will only show all your “approved questions” in your group.
- Show Unapproved Only: This will only show all your “unapproved questions” in your group.
20. Filter: All Groups
You can choose to only display questions belonging to a specific group.
This column displays each question’s shortcode. Copy the shortcode somewhere on your website to display that question.
22. Featured (Star icon)
Click on a star to feature that question more prominently on the page(s) where it’s displayed. A colored star signifies that it’s featured.
To display featured questions of a group or for any other list of questions, simply include the
featured attribute/parameter into the shortcode with value
1 [faqs featured=1]. To show non-featured questions, specify the
featured attribute/parameter with value
0 [faqs featured=0]. To show both featured and non-featured questions, leave the
featured parameter out of the shortcode.
Tip: Click on nearly any column title to sort that column.