WordPress FAQ plugin
The WordPress FAQ plugin gives you the ability to easily embed frequently asked questions in an organized manner into your WordPress website. Additionally the plugin allows user interaction with the submission of frequently asked questions to FAQ groups. The plugin is fully configurable and each group can be configured individually, turning on/off submission, searching and other features.
- Linux and Apache server (recommended)
- WordPress 3.1 or higher
- PHP 4.2 or higher
- MySQL 4 or higher
- Ensure that you have WordPress installed.
- Download the WordPress FAQs plugin from the downloads management section in a ZIP archive (you may need to log in to your Tribulant Software account in order to access your download).
- Either upload it to your WordPress > Plugins > Add New section for a quick installation and skip to step 5 or take the long way and extract the ZIP archive named
wp-faq.zipin order to be presented with a single folder named
- Upload the
wp-faqfolder to the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation. If you are upgrading, overwrite all existing plugin files from an older version.
- Access the “Plugins” panel in your WordPress Dashboard once logged in as administrator.
- Activate the “FAQs” plugin if it isn’t already active.
- Access the “FAQs” administration menu item and the submenus to manage the FAQs.
Upgrading the Plugin
If you are upgrading the plugin from an older version to a newer version, the steps to follow are the same as the installation steps above. All your settings, products and other data will remain intact and nothing will be lost.
We recommend that you deactivate the plugin before uploading the files and then re-activating the plugin again after you have uploaded the new files to prevent errors on a production site.
Quick Start Guide
- Go to ‘Plugins’ in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to ‘FAQs’ and click the activate link.
- Across the top of your admin screen you will see a red bar. Generate a serial key from here: http://tribulant.com/downloads by clicking the key icon next to the plugin name (you may have to log in to view that page) then submit it in that red bar to continue
*Please note: There are very descriptive instructions when generating the key, they basically say that from your WordPress admin page, the URL shown in the address bar of your browser, you need to select everything after the “http://” and before the next “/” slash
Example: http://www.example-domain-name.com/subfolder1/subfolder2 for this URL you would only select the www.example-domain-name.com
Any mistakes will be final and you will have to submit a ticket to get your key re-issued. Once you have your key you need to copy and paste it to the serial key field and submit it. If your serial key was generated for the wrong domain, this is where you will get an “Invalid Serial Key” message, if it is right, then you can proceed and begin using the plugin.
- The menu item FAQ’s will appear in your menu.
- Go to FAQs > Configuration.
- Read carefully through the configuration and select the options that best suit what you want.
- Click on ‘Save Configuration’ at the top of the page when you are done.
- Go to FAQs > Groups and click on ‘Add New’ at the top of the page.
- Here insert a title, sub menu titles and various settings you can select to create your groups or posts on your webpage.
- Click ‘Save Group’ once you are done.
- Note: The user would type in a question and the administrator could supply an answer, in which the administrator can put the question into the relevant groups.
Usage & Integration
- 1.7 - August 25, 2023
- 1.6.7 - July 3, 2023
- 1.6.6 - June 30, 2023
- 1.6.5 - October 21, 2021
- 1.6.3 - May 22, 2020
- 188.8.131.52 - April 10, 2020
- 1.6.1 - June 3, 2015
- 1.6 - January 9, 2015
- 1.5.3 - August 11, 2014
- 1.5.2 - May 28, 2014
- 1.5.1 - February 4, 2014
- 1.5 - January 31, 2014
- 1.4.6 - November 1, 2011
- 1.4.5 - July 15, 2011
- 1.4.3 - December 10, 2010
- 1.4.2 - August 24, 2010
- 1.4 - July 20, 2010
- 1.3.8 - May 27, 2010
- 1.3.5 - January 29, 2010
- 1.3 - December 9, 2009
- 1.2.5 - June 24, 2009
- 1.2.4 - June 17, 2009
- 1.2 - March 20, 2009