Newsletters v3.8 Release Notes-
WordPress Newsletters plugin v3.8 release notes.
- Display custom fields of a subscriber in the admin email notification.
- When exporting to a specific list, you can choose whether to export all-, only active- or only inactive subscriptions.
- POP/IMAP mailbox bounce feature to handle bounced emails at a configured interval.
- ‘Check Bounced Emails’ button in the ‘Subscribers’ section to check the POP/IMAP mailbox at any given time.
- Delete subscriber on specific bounce count. You can specify a number, for example, on the 3rd bounce to a specific subscriber, it will be deleted.
- Global email priority setting (High, Normal, Low). Your recipients will see the priority in their email clients.
- ID values of elements starting with numbers prevented XHTML validation.
- Shortcode/embedded subscription form with Ajax turned off had a problem with posting to the correct URL.
- Emails didn’t queue when an email attachment was uploaded/added.
- Editing the title/name of a custom field broke its slug and as a result, the ‘Subscribers’ section.
- Fixes to custom fields values, checkboxes and several sections due to an attribute escape and stripslashes bug.
- Editing a subscriber didn’t pre-tick/select its existing lists since v3.7.8
- Return-Path header for bounce handling when using the WP Mail function wasn’t added.
- Shortcode for subscription form with muliple choice “checkboxes” didn’t work while “multiple” worked.
- Require activation not required didn’t work for subscriptions through the WordPress registration page.
- Default theme is now the checked radio button instead of NONE.
- When sending the first/latest newsletter to new subscribers, the History theme is now used rather than the default theme.
- When a subscriber unsubscribes its current email(s) in the queue for that list(s) should be removed as well.