Newsletter plugin v3.8.4 release notes
WordPress Newsletter plugin v3.8.4 release notes.
- Serial key validation.
- Porteguese (pt_PT) translation by Pedro Daniel Martinho.
- Test email settings utility with error reporting in Configuration.
- Subscribe checkbox for WordPress comment form.
- Inserting single/multiple WordPress posts into newsletters with TinyMCE.
- Email history shortcode functions added to TinyMCE button.
- Shortcode [wpmlmailinglist] to output the name of the mailing list.
- You can show custom fields in Subscribers section on the ‘Screen Options’ tab.
- Saves WordPress author to History/Draft emails based on user_ID.
- Setting to prevent Latest Posts Subscription interval from being overwritten.
- Server cron job feature added to the Email Scheduling which improves the sending of queued emails and is more reliable.
- [wpmldate] shortcode had the wrong “format” example on Send Newsletter screen.
- Online newsletter shortcodes are now replaced with appropriate values.
- Fixed tab index on custom fields when saving subscriber in admin.
- ‘Change’ button when viewing a Template was broken but works now.
- Currency and number format for paid mailing lists are now updated as configured.
- “Acknowledgement” was spelled incorrectly under Appearance > Widgets.
- With Ajax turned off, post/page embedded subscription form didn’t post to correct URL with pretty permalinks on WordPress default.
- Better paid subscription PayPal IPN validation procedure.
- ‘Send as Newsletter’ block on the post screen is now dependent on the User Level setting under Configuration.
- MySQL TEXT type was changed to LONGTEXT for emails, templates and themes to increase the character/byte limit.
- Upgraded phpMailer and phpMailer SMTP class files to new version.
- Database collation from utf8_bin (binary) to utf8_general_ci for language compatibility.
- utf8 Content-Type header for language and ascii character compatibility.
- ‘Configuration’ menu item moved up, below ‘Overview’.