Newsletters: Gravity Forms extension
The Gravity Forms Subscribers extension plugin has the following requirements:
1. Make sure that you have the WordPress Newsletter plugin installed and that you have purchased the Gravity Forms Subscribers Extension.
2. Download Gravity Forms Subscribers Extension extension from the downloads management section in a ZIP archive (you may need to login to your Tribulant Software account in order to access your download).
3. Extract the ZIP archive named
newsletters-gforms.zip in order to be presented with a single folder named
4. Upload the
newsletters-gforms folder to the
wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation, like seen in the example image below.
Once you have installed the Gravity Forms Subscribers extension via FTP you need to activate it.
To activate it you need to go to the normal Plugins > Installed Plugins section via your admin sidebar. There you will see the extension as a plugin listed amongst other plugins, look at the screenshot below.
Once you activate the plugin, then in “Newsletters > Extensions” section, the Gravity Forms Subscribers extension is now available to be activated. When you hover it a red “Activate” will appear, once activated the red message on the right becomes green text stating “Installed and Activated“. The Gravity Forms Subscribers extension is now available to use when creating your Gravity Forms.
First you need to either create or edit a Gravity Forms plugin form.
Add the fields that you need by dragging and dropping them into place. As seen in the screenshot above, there is now a “Newsletters” field under the “Advanced Fields” section which can be dragged into your form. This is the field will create a subscribe checkbox on your Gravity Forms plugin form. Drag it into place and open up the Field Options to begin configuring it as seen in the screenshot below
The follow settings will affect the behaviour of the checkbox and subscription
- Field Label: This setting determines the text that will be displayed above the checkbox.
- Description: An optional description for the field which displays below the subscribe checkbox.
- Auto Check: Set whether or not the checkbox should be pre-checked once the form loads or not.
- Checkbox Label: This field is simply the text that is displayed next to the checkbox to indicate it’s purpose.
- Action: You can choose between Subscribe and Unsubscribe. The first subscribes the user and the latter unsubscribes.
With those settings configured, you can now pick the list/s to subscribe or unsubscribe from and also map fields from the Gravity Forms plugin form to custom fields inside the Newsletter plugin to save values to your subscribers.
- Mailing List(s): You can choose Admin Defined or User Choice. With Admin Defined, you’ll pre-select the mailing list/s that the user will be subscribed to while User Defined will give your users the option to pick the list/s that they want to subscribe to.
- Custom Fields: All the Custom Fields that have been added to the Newsletter plugin are available here to select which fields from Gravity the values will be populated from. For example, the “Your Name” custom field created in the Newsletter plugin has the “Name” field selected for the Gravity field in the above screenshot. Meaning that upon submission, if the subscribe checkbox is select then the Name field from the Gravity plugin will populate the Your Name custom field in for the subscriber in the Newsletter plugin.
Here is the resulting subscribe checkbox on your Gravity Forms plugin form:
When the user submits the form, the configured action will be executed, either subscribe or unsubscribe.