Newsletters 4.8 Release Notes-
Release notes for version 4.8 of the WordPress Newsletter plugin.
- Drag & drop newsletter & template builder is back! This is still in beta for now. It can be found when drafting a newsletter and when editing a theme/template. Only available in the paid version. Please report any bug by submitting a ticket on our support website.
- Disable Drag & Drop Builder When Creating Newsletters setting in Configuration > General > General Mail Settings in case of issues.
- Display or hide the thumbnail for post(s) in the [newsletters_posts] and [newsletters_post] shortcodes. E.g.:
– [newsletters_posts hidethumbnail=”N”] will show the thumbnails in multiple posts.
– [newsletters_post hidethumbnail=”Y”] will hide the thumbnail in a single post.
– Usage information: https://tribulant.com/docs/wordpress-mailing-list-plugin/95/wp-newsletters-shortcodes/
- Delete WordPress User on Unsubscribe setting in Configuration > Subscribers > Unsubscribe Behaviour. Make sure to click Advanced next to Admin Mode at the top.
- Full PHP 8.0 compatibility.
- WordPress 6.0 compatibility.
- Updated CKEditor to 4.19.
- Upload button graphics.
- Changed “Mandrill” name to Mailchimp Transactional Email (Mandrill).
- Text updates for clarity.
- Exported CSV cache busting.
- Newsletter queue issue background process.
- Duplicated newsletters for users who have multiple user roles.
- Updated Bootstrap library in views/default2/ to 5.1.3.
- Prevent duplicated newsletter emails for subscribers that are registered as a user.
- Disabling global debugging when plugin debug is set to false.
- Duplicated interval options under Configuration -> Schedule Interval.
- PHP 7.4 errors.
- Other bugs.
- Free and paid Newsletter templates/themes responsive fixes. After installing this version, if you were already using this plugin and our free or paid templates, you should reimport the template(s) that you would like to use in Newsletters > Themes/Templates > Add New. First, if you haven’t done so, rename the template(s) that you are using so that our default templates do not overwrite yours. Then, take a backup of your database. Paid templates, download the latest version from your account with us. Free templates, import this file from this version: wp-content/plugins/wp-mailinglist/includes/themes/template-name/index.html