WordPress Popup Plugin
WordPress Popup plugin documentation
The WordPress Popup plugin gives you the ability create and display custom popups your way in your WordPress website.
- Linux and Apache server (recommended)
- WordPress 3.1 or higher
- PHP 4.2 or higher
- MySQL 4 or higher
- Ensure that you have WordPress installed.
- Download the WordPress Popup plugin from the downloads management section in a ZIP archive (you may need to login to your Tribulant Software account in order to access your download).
- Extract the ZIP archive named
platinumpopup.zipin order to be presented with a single folder named
- Upload the
platinumpopupfolder to the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation. If you are upgrading, overwrite all existing plugin files from an older version.
- Access the “Plugins” panel in your WordPress Dashboard once logged in as administrator.
- Activate the Popup plugin if it isn’t already active.
- Access the “Popup” administration menu item and the submenus to manage your popups.
Upgrading the Plugin
If you are upgrading the plugin from an older version to a newer version, the steps to follow are the same as the installation steps above. All your settings and other data will remain intact and nothing will be lost.
We recommend that you deactivate the plugin before uploading the files and then re-activating the plugin again after you have uploaded the new files to prevent errors on a production site.
Quick Start Guide
- Go to ‘Plugins’ in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to ‘Popup’ and click the activate link.
- Across the top of your admin screen you will see a red bar. Generate a serial key from here: http://tribulant.com/downloads by clicking the key icon next to the plugin name (you may have to login to view that page) then submit it in that red bar to continue
*Please note: There are very descriptive instructions when generating the key, they baiscally say that from your WordPress admin page, the URL shown in the address bar of your browser, you need to select everything after the “http://” and before the next “/” slash
Example: http://www.example-domain-name.com/subfolder1/subfolder2 for this URL you would only select the www.example-domain-name.com
Any mistakes will be final and you will have to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your key re-issued. Once you have your key you need to copy and paste it to the serial key field and submit it. If your serial key was generated for the wrong domain, this is where you will get an “Invalid Serial Key” message, if it is right, then you can proceed and begin using the plugin.
Usage & Integration