Checkout: FedEx (Federal Express) Web Services
NOTE: For those upgrading from the Legacy API to the Web Services API, please follow the instructions provided by FedEx HERE.
1.1. Create a FedEx Developer Account
Firstly, you need to register at the FedEx Devloper Resource Center: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
‘Sign-up’ link is in the bottom-left hand corner.
1.2. Obtain Developer Test Key
Once you have created your account, hover over the navigation link ‘FedEx Web Services’ Then Select ‘FedEx Web Services for Shipping’ like the image below.
Once you have click the ‘FedEx Web Services for Shipping’ link scroll down untill you see the box as indicated in the image on the left. Click that link that says ‘Develop and Test Your Application’ to move on to the next step of this process. You may need to login to see the next page.
Look half way down the page, you will see ‘Obtain Developer Test Key’ like the image below. Click that image, it will take you to a form that you need to fill out to get your key.
Once you have filled out that form and sent away for your Developer Test Key you will see a screen with details and a confirmation email will be sent to you with your Test Security Code and directions for testing your FedEx Web Service application in the FedEx Test environment.
You need to take note of the following details as you go through the process of setting up an account:
- FedEx Key
- FedEx Password
- FedEx Account Number
- FedEx Meter Number
2. Add/Configure Shipping Method
Go to “Checkout > Shipping Methods > Add New” you will now see the ‘ Save a Shipping Method’ screen like seen in the image above.
You need to select FedEx for the “Use API” like the first arrow indicates. Then you need to fill in the rest of the fields for the Key, Password, Account Number and Meter Number. Below this are several more fields (not visible in the screenshot) to specify which services to offer, and so on, these must be configured according to your own preference.
Steps to obtain production credentials
1. Go to developer resource center: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/index.html
2. Login or register as a new customer at this page:
3. Once logged in, click on the left navigation link “FedEx Web Services for shipping” under the technical resources link:
4. Under the same left navigation link, click on the link “Move to Production”:
5. On the page titled Move to production, scroll to the icon and text “obtain Production key”
6. Complete the web form and an email will be sent to you supplying you with four pieces of information needed in you WSDL
7. Review and accept the EULA, end user license agreement
8. Complete web form:
When the registration is complete, you will be presented with two pieces of information on the response screen with the key and you will receive an email with production password and meter number. You need to retain this information for your records.