Shipping charges on an electronic product

edited November 2012 in Shopping Cart plugin
Shipping charges are appearing for an electronic product

I've gone into Tax and Shipping> Global Shipping COnfiguration and set calculate shipping to yes.

When I go through the payment process, I'm being charged for tax and shipping and handling. It's my understanding that no ship/handling is charged on non-tangible products?

My intent is that I want a customer using a coupon (100% discount) to be able to checkout with no charges. And a person without a coupon buying a non-tangible product to only be charged tax. 

Thanks,
Avery

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Avery,

You should set "Calculate Shipping" to "No" under Checkout > Configuration > Tax & Shipping > Global Shipping Configuration if you don't want shipping to be calculated on products. You're quite right - shipping is not normally charged on non-tangible products.

Please let us know if this helps, and if the issue is resolved could you please edit the topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the title for the benefit of the community.

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Phil,

I made that change and it still charges shipping. Do you think the problem lies in how we have PayPal setup?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Avery,

Huge apologies for the very late reply!

If your issue hasn't been resolved yet, could you please submit a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/, providing admin level login details to your WordPress dashboard so we could investigate?

Also please link us to this forum thread in the support ticket.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,

phil