Cart Widget shows other people's cart contents (they get cached) if you use a caching plugin

edited November 2013 in Shopping Cart plugin
Do you know of a way around this?

Our client wants to use the sidebar cart widget and have a super fast loading site, but when we try a caching plugin the sidebar cart contents are cached - which is obviously bad. I tested it by launching both Chrome and Firefox, clearing cookies in each, and putting different items in the carts of each. Then I changed a few pages in one browser, and saw the widget contents change to the items I'd put in the other.

I immediately turned the caching off, but I don't want to have to choose between caching and the widget...

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

We are currently looking for a solution to this problem, unfortunately so far the only way to prevent problems on the page where the widget is displayed would be to disable the cache.

Note that you can specify which pages should be cached under most cache plugins configuration section.

Let us know if it helps ok?

All the best!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I think this is the biggest issue with the cart, and with all wordpress based e-commerce solutions. I have had the same problem for a long time now. The only solution for my client unfortunately is to move to another shopping cart product.  :(  The site is extremely busy for 4 weeks of each year and the shopping cart, without super-cache just cant handle it. 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

We`d like to ask you to open a new ticket under our helpdesk: http://www.tribulant.com/support along with your website URL and FTP login details so we can apply some changes to prevent possible problems with cache plugins.

Please let us know if you would be interested.

We`ll look forward to your response.

All the best!