Cancel Order Option

We received a request today to cancel and order.  We can delete the order from the system but doing that creates accounting issues.  When it comes time to audit the system every order # should have a corresponding order value or a canceled flag.  I notice in my system the there are gaps in the sequential numbering of orders.   

I think there would be value in forcing edits to an order and not deletions.   Possible states for an order are:
Complete, incomplete and cancelled.  Cancelled could be by admin or after a period of time the customer didn't complete their order. 

Am I alone in seeing value in this option?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello John,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

We really appreciate your feedback, this is a valid option and I will be adding it to our development list.

For now you must cancel orders through your Payment Gateway and then delete or change the order status through the plugin panel.

Since 1.6.9 the orders ID should be sequential, are you sure that you are viewing all the orders without any filter applied?

Let us know if it helps ok?

All the best!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    I don't have any filters set.  There are a couple of gaps but I may have deleted those orders, I just can't tell.  I also see some orders out of sequence.   For instance:
    Order #15489
    Order #15477
    Order #15487

I have no way to sort by order # so I can't resort in order to look for missing numbers.  That's another reason why we shouldn't delete orders :-)   

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi John,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll try to get this issue sorted out in the plugin as soon as possible.

I hope this helps?

Best regards,

Phil