[SOLVED] Total Control Newsletter extension...

edited January 2014 in Newsletter plugin
Hi there, the Total Control looks really great. I don't understand one thing though: is this a replacement for the Total MS newsletter extension? That would make sense to me.

Cheers!
Ronald

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your message, Ronald.

The Total Control extension is for a single-site WordPress installation.
    You can control the way different roles and individual users access and use the Newsletter plugin.

The Total MS Control extension is basically the same, it is just for multi-site WordPress installations.
    You can control the way different blogs access and use the Newsletter plugin throughout the network.

Let me know if this helps.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Good morning!
    Thx for replying. It does not totally clear things up, although I understand your words. Basically I'd like to have the best of both plugins: also have the ability to adjust user right on site basis in a multisite install, without having to buy another plugin...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

To control user rights on a site basis on a WordPress multi-site installation, you can use the Total MS Control extension plugin. You could still use Total Control in conjunction with it as well if you'd like.

Do you already have Total MS Control installed?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes Antonie,
    But the Total MS extension does noet have the options to finetune the mailinglist and template rights on userlevel.
    No problem, I've purchased both with an unlimited license and will combine them.

One thing though:
    I've installed the new extension on a single site in a multisite install and don't see where I can set the rights on a role level. Do you have a clue?

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

Yes, the Total MS Control is just for Newsletter plugin on site level, so that won't work.

You can use the Total Control in conjunction with it to add control per user level as well.
    It should work perfectly fine in theory even though it wasn't really intended to be used this way specifically.

You can set the rights on a role level under Newsletters > Extensions > Settings (tab) > Total Control

Enjoy it and let us know if you need any assistance with it, please.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ah, THAT was what I was looking for.
    Thx and keep up the good work!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Excellent, that's good to hear.

It is my pleasure and thanks, we will keep going at it.