[SOLVED] Avoiding user registration during Checkout

edited December 2012 in Shopping Cart plugin
Hi guys,
As I read here:

"When a user checks out they may be required to register as a user/customer or alternatively login if they already have an account."

Can we avoid this step, just allowing users to directly go to Shipping?
I don't see a need for my customers to register to buy.

Thanks!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Allright, I discovered that this is a paid extension:

It says that requires Checkout v1.6.9.
    As I'm running 1.6.6, can you confirm that an upgrade is absolutely required?

Thanks!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your message and follow-up.

Yes, we have the Guest Checkout extension plugin for this purpose specifically.

Yes, the upgrade to v1.6.9+ of the WordPress Shopping Cart plugin is required in order to have all the necessary action/filter hooks in the code for the Guest Checkout extension plugin to work as intended.

Let me know if this helps please.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the reply.
    My problem now is that I can t download v1.6.9 as we don't have support contract.
    Where can I get that?

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi dabesa,

You can renew your plugin download subscription by visiting http://tribulant.com/downloads/ and clicking on "Renew Updates" or "Extend Updates". You can use the coupon code "10OFFP" to get a 10% discount on your renewal/extension.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2013
    Wouldn't it make more sense for this to be reversed? 

Meaning, the cart plugin wouldn't have a registration feature but you have a plugin that "adds" it? 

Why would you add a default feature but create a plugin to "remove it" on your own plugins?