[SOLVED] Slideshow only on non-static homepage [Attitude]

Thank you for a fantastic product. I believe you answered this question in part a year or so ago, but not entirely.

Theme: Attitude
WP version: 3.8.1
Plugin version: 1.3.1.3

As you can see, I've successfully inserted a gallery into the header (via header.php), but I only want the gallery to appear on the homepage. The homepage is not static. The gallery looks a little off, so I'm wondering if the header.php file is the right place for it, even. Another option I've wondered about is putting all subsequent pages/posts in a certain template (e.g. "blog image medium page template") and including code in the template's php about excluding the slideshow...but I don't know what code would do that.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post.

And thanks for your kind comments, I'm glad that you like our Slideshow Gallery plugin.

The best place to put the slideshow would probably be in the index.php template file.
    That way it will only show on the home page and not on inner posts/pages which use single.php and page.php

If the layout seems off, it can be fixed with CSS.
    Please post back here once you've changed the location to index.php

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    My apologies for the delay, I wanted to make sure I got everything to work right. Thank you for your quick response. I have followed your directions and they were spot on. The index.php file was just the place to put it. I'll need to do some further adjusting with the layout, but I'll look in the CSS file per your directions to do the appropriate tweaking. Thank you!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Palavar

Thank you for your response and feedback.

I'm glad that the advice helped and that everything is in working order now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.