[SOLVED] Edit posts Loop

edited April 2014 in Newsletter plugin
As you can try in the posts loop the output is with divs, and Div tag is a problem to edit with css in newsletter, the mail readers prefer tables, so i want to edit the loop from div's to tables. 

So, how can i edit the loop? i try includes/email-templates.php and nothing happens...
where can i change it?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Styr

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can edit the posts loop under Newsletters > Configuration > Email Templates in the Newsletter plugin. All email templates are editable there. The posts template gives you some shortcodes that you can use as well.

Please let me know if this helps.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    What latest products loop?
    The Newsletter plugin doesn't have a latest products loop.
    Unless you posted this in the wrong forum category?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    If you are referring to posts or latest posts, it is done under Newsletters > Configuration > Email Templates.

There is a box named "Posts" which is for the posts you insert into newsletters using [wpmlposts...] shortcode.

Then there is another box named "Latest Posts" which holds the layout/template for the latest posts subscription emails which is configured under Newsletters > Configuration > General > Latest Posts Subscription.

And then there are several other boxes in that Newsletters > Configuration > Email Templates section for unsubscribe, subscribe, confirm, paid subscription, etc... email templates.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    so let me explain me better,

how can i edit the loop of this shortcode: [wpmlposts numberposts="10" orderby="post_date" showdate="Y" eftype="excerpt" order="DESC" category="0" post_type=""]

cause, this give a div tags based output, and i want to edit this to output it with tables...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, exactly, like I mentioned twice now...

The output of [wpmlposts....] is configured under Newsletters > Configuration > Email Templates.
    See this screenshot: http://goo.gl/UZSR8S

So the changes you make to that code will change the output of the [wpmlposts...] shortcode.

Let me know if you find it now.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Just to add to my last message.

The "wp-mailinglist/includes/email-templates.php" which you tried to edit is where the email templates are taken from initially and inserted into the database. That file is used ONCE. It says that at the top of the file as well.

"/* This is a once-off file which is used upon installation to insert templates into the database */"

So when you first install and activate the Newsletter plugin, the plugin takes that email-templates.php file and inserts each of those templates into the database. From there, you can then edit them under Newsletters > Configuration > Email Templates.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    A lot of thanks!! 

for sure it was my fault cause i didnt saw that before!! thanks a lot!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    No problem, I'm happy that I could assist you with it.
  • Vote Up-1Vote Down
    edited April 2014

I never told i want to edit the template!!!!!
    I know how to edit the template, look for what i ask. 

How can i edit the last products loop!! 
    Your plugin have a shortcode which give us the last products. this shortcode have a product loop that i want to edit! HOW?