Hide content from subscription form in e-mail

edited January 2015 in Newsletter plugin
Hi,

Thank you for that great plugin!

I finally managed to setup everything like I need it with one exception:

I have a page that will be updated and sent out as newsetter once a week. I also have the subscribtion form on that page. Now when I send the page as newsletter, the content of the subscription form is also displayed in the e-mail. Is there a way to avoid that?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @cedros

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that you like the Newsletter plugin.

There isn't really any way of hiding the subscribe form since the page content is taken as is and used for the content of the newsletter that you're sending.

I'm sure we can assist you with a solution or a workaround though. We have 2 options and I'm hoping that you may have some ideas as well:

1. The first option is to develop a shortcode like [newsletters_skipcontent]...[/newsletters_skipcontent] for example which can be placed into the content of posts and pages as needed so that whatever is inside the shortcode will be skipped for the newsletter.

2. To strip out subscribe form shortcodes in newsletter content.

Let me know what you think and I'll make sure we give you a solution asap.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2015
    For me both solutions would be fine.

What I also tried is to place the form in the page template, since I´m using an own template for this specific page anyway. Obviously I can´t use the shortcode there and since I didn´t find a way to get the full code, I just copied the html-code from the source code of the page. It kind of worked but didn´t have full functionality as you might can imagine, so that´s not really a good workaround. But if there´s a way to get the full php code for the form it would probably work that way.

A second question: when a user unsubscribes, I only want to show him a page with a simple message, saying that he successfully unsubscribed (mainly because the website is in another language and users who don´t speak English would probably be confused from the English subscription management page). Is that possible? I couldn´t figure out how to do that.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @cedros

Thank you for your response.

We are currently developing this shortcode to hide certain content in newsletters from a post/page. When the post/page is displayed, the shortcode will be parsed and removed but when the email from the Newsletter plugin is sent, whatever is inside that shortcode will be removed and not be displayed.

I'm also adding an unsubscribe redirect setting to our development list so that we can build that. So that the user will be redirected to a URL of your choice upon unsubscribe. In the meanwhile, there is an unsubscribe email notification which can be turned on/off in the Newsletter plugin so you can send the user an email as a notification. Will that help?