Registered users added to newsletter list but remain inactive unless manually activated.

edited May 2015 in Newsletter plugin

Hi,

I submitted a support ticket (#524690) on this issue almost 2 weeks ago. I had a response saying you were testing it but then no one gets back to me. I love the plugin but it gets very frustrating with the lack of support and communication. I've practically begged for someone to at least let me know when you could look into it. After another week of that I recieved an email saying you were sorry and were testing it and would get back to me shortly. That was a week ago and I've sent several emails since asking for someone to please let me know the status. I understand busy but don't understand ignoring a ticket.

I'll try here and see if anyone can help. Here is my orginally issue below:

Regards

Dave

------------------------

I want to add users to our newsletter list once they register on our wordpress site. I set this up under "system configuration" within the newsletter plugin. I also checked the box that says "Should imported users be required to activate/confirm their subscription via email?" and I chose YES.

What is happening is the registered user is added to our newsletter list when they register but they remain "inactive". They are never sent a confirmation email and they are never therefore activated unless I were to do it manually which defeats the purpose of having them optin.

Are there any issues you know of that would cause this not to function correctly? I checked with my host and cron jobs are enabled although there are no actual cron jobs set up within cpanel for anything.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello,

We`ve replied to your ticket and as mentioned this is now a known issue and we are currently working on a fix for it that will be available in our upcoming update.

Our apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

All the best!