Hide votes

Hello, how can I hide the votes? only the number. Any change in code?

thank you in advance

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@faritorero

Thank you for your post.

Do you want people to be able to vote on photos but not display the vote count?

Does this mean you want the vote count to be internal/private to the admin only?

I look forward to your response.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Yes, I need to know the votes internal/private but don´t display them in public, only the thumb and "vote". I can access to the votes internal via sql, but if there is another way to know could be great.

At this time the most important is to hide the votes to the public

Thank you very much!

PD: Another thing, is it possible to restrict the votes only for logged users without ip tracking? Only, if you are logged you can vote once each image, and no more forever, user=1 vote, now the problem is that if you are logged and you change the ip (via router) you can continue voting the same image without restriction

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@faritorero

Thank you for your response.

We've added the private votes feature to the development list of the Gallery Voting plugin.

Regarding the other request...

There is a feature to restrict voting to logged in and not logged in users.

It was added in version 1.2: https://github.com/TribulantSoftware/gallery-voting/issues/7

Are you saying that instead of IP tracking it should track the user ID as well to prevent revoting of the same users?

I look forward to your response.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Yes, this is the point. One user logged (with one email) = 1 vote, and never more.

Is there any code string that I can alter to make the number of votes to dissapear?

Thank you!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@faritorero

Thank you for your response.

Great, we're making a note for this on our development list accordingly.

Yes, you can edit the plugin to hide the votes from the public.

The vote count is in line #217 of the gallery-voting/index.php file like this: https://goo.gl/uFu0Cw

So you can make edits to it as needed.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello there.

Gallery Voting is great plugin, thank you.

I want people to be able to vote on photos but not display the vote count.
    You said : "The vote count is in line #217 of the gallery-voting/index.php" .
    I found the line, but is it possible to tell me what to change, because your link with the changes doesn't work anymore?

Thank you.
    Nickolas