[Solved] How to style subscribe form

edited September 2015 in Newsletter plugin

I'd like to stylt the subscribe form but can't find any information on how to do it.  Where is it done?  I'm using the shortcode method to put the form on my site.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

Attached is a snip of the subscribe form as seen on my site.  First, where is the extra 'First Name at the bottom coming from?  How do I tone down the awful red astick? How do I make the form fields larger and change the subsribe button?

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@jamieFL

The "First Name" field is a custom field, please check under Newsletters > Custom Fields.

You can style the subscribe form with CSS.

The stylesheet is at wp-mailinglist/views/*themefolder*/css/style.css

So you can modify that stylesheet directly or use a child theme folder to make changes and keep them intact when you upgrade.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi 

I have the same problem as Jaimie who started the ticket, I changed the style.css as instructed but cannot find where to remove/change colour of the asterisk .fa, it is not in style.css.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@duquesagold

If you're using the default theme folder you can change it in wp-mailinglist/views/default/css/style.css .newsletter_required - please see my screenshot http://www.screencast.com/t/72hBLrbdFSz

and if you're using the default 2 theme folder you can change it in wp-mailinglist/views/default2/css/style.css .newsletter_required

If you give me a link to your site, I can have a look at your subscribe widget?

Regards

Marietha

• Vote Up0Vote Down

Thanks Marietha

I set color to the same as the background color and that looks fine, much appreciated

Best regards

Julie

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@duquesagold

I'm glad you've manage to change the color. 

Regards

Marietha