WordPress Static Page

Hi guys
am new here so i don't know if i had to start my own discussion or not,if so please forgive me.

I wanted to find out how to add the slideshow on a static front page, what the short-code for that.

thanks you

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi doh_flippa,

Apologies for the late reply.

You may have solved this yourself by now, but in case you were still waiting for a reply, here it is :)

The way to add the slideshow to a static front page would be exactly the same as for any other WordPress page or post, and you can use any of the following methods:

1. To embed the slideshow into the content:
    • If you have post containing images or where images have been uploaded using the media uploader (not necessarily displaying on the page) and want to display them as a slideshow on another page: [slideshow post_id=X]
    • You can add slides under Slideshow > Manage slides and display a slideshow using [slideshow]
    • You can display a slideshow from a specific gallery under Slideshow > Manage Galleries by gallery ID using [slideshow gallery_id="X"].

2. To embed the slideshow into the page template (page.php or any other template used for the specific page):

• <?php if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow($output = true, $gallery_id = false, $post_id = false, $params = array()); } ?>

I hope this helps?

Regards,

Phil