Alternate Cron for Newsletter on version 4.5.6.2

edited December 2015 in Newsletter plugin

Hello everyone,

My Newsletter was working fine, but lately any scheduled task are not being executed correctly and the latest post update emails are not being sent. I have checked that the wp cron is running, but may be with some errors in it.

Is there a way so we can run a cron separetly only for the cron. I belive there were method in earlier versions.

Thanks

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

@tuneMedia

When clicking the run now button in the latest post subscription, do you get any error message with debugging turned on (Newsletters>Configuration)? http://www.screencast.com/t/LbnILo5wD 

I replied to your support ticket to give me WordPress login details and a link to your site to investigate your issue?

Regards

Marietha

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@tuneMedia

Are the tasks not run at all or are they run late?

We saw some users where the cron is being run late due to a timezone issue.

I look forward to your response and also to Marietha's question above on whether you get an error of any sort when you click "Run Now" for a latest posts subscription to run it manually.

• Vote Up0Vote Down

@tuneMedia

Regarding your question on separate cron jobs...

The Newsletter plugin has multiple cron jobs that it logs in WordPress. You can see the individual scheduled tasks under Newsletters > Configuration > Scheduled Tasks (tab). They will all run through the WordPress cron.

Do you have traffic on your site that will allow the WordPress scheduled tasks to run as scheduled?