[Solved] Multipart emails?

jmbjmb
edited June 2016 in Newsletter plugin
In the Send Settings section of the main configuration page there is a "Send Multipart Emails" option. But, users and newsletters can only select HTML or Text and when I view the source for test emails I send myself, I only see one or the other (depending on my subscriber setting). Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

Thank you for your post.

When you turn on multi-part/multi-mime newsletters in the Newsletter plugin it sends multi-part (HTML and TEXT) versions to HTML subscribers.

Subscribers who choose plain TEXT will continue to just receive plain TEXT.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    That's what I thought but I was having problems, which I think I have resolved. I need to verify a bit more, but it seems that putting an initial line break before the text message causes problems. I am stripping that out and test emails seem to be displaying multipart properly. I need to make sure it remains resolved when sent via the schedule but I think that is the problem/solution. Thanks.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

Thank you for your response.

I see that you have another discussion in our forums regarding the line break and text newsletters. We're investigating that and will post a reply back there soon.

But yes, a line break before the content starts will result in the content being trimmed, cutting off any space before and after the content.

I'll mark this one as [Solved] then we'll get back to you on the other discussion.