Checkout Plugin (1.6.9.4) causes plugin install hang

I just got off the phone with my host troubleshooting why my plugin installs continually fail (plugin is technically installed, but the plugin is not activated and the plugin install status page is not updated as it is installed).  After deactivating Checkout & installing a plugin successfully - I reactivated and tried installing another plugin and had the same issue.  (plugin installed but the install screen shows no updates, it does not activate or give option to return to plugins)

Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi intricateartist,

The Shopping Cart plugin is a rather large plugin and there is the possibility that your PHP memory_limit or PHP max_execution_time is exhausted.

You could perhaps try increasing the memory available to your WordPress site for starters, before looking at other possible causes:

http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-increase-wordpress-memory-limit-the-easy-way

Please let us know whether this helped, will you? I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Interesting - I've modified it in the includes file but never seen it in the config file.  Will give it a go and let you know.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    My host wound up blanketing my entire account with a php.ini directive to increase memory limit.  (shameless plug for Hostmonster.  Love their tech support.)  I also increased my includes/default constants to 128M to match the php.ini mods, neither resolved the issue.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to turn on debugging in both WordPress and the Shopping Cart plugin to see what error messages (if any) are given?

Debugging for WordPress is activated in the wp-config.php file by editing the following string:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Debugging for the Shopping Cart plugin is activated in /wp-checkout/wp-checkout-plugin.php, by editing the following string:
    var $debugging = false;

In both cases you can set them to "true" to activate debugging.

Please let us know what error messages appear (if any) when trying to install a plugin with the Shopping Cart plugin activated.

If you would prefer that we should investigate, please submit a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/ with WordPress admin and FTP (or cPanel) login details.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
     I set the wp-config to "true" and got an error message saying that compression is not supported (??)