Loading multiple images at one time

I'm developing on a new site and I have about 10 more slideshows to add. A couple of the slideshows have 30-40 images each and I'm wondering if there is a bulk way to load these, maybe via ftp, and then attach them to the slideshow.

http://emmgraphics.com/projects/archia/portfolio

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
-ellen

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the easiest way to do that is to create "dummy" pages that won't show up in your navigation, one for each slideshow. You can then use the media uploader to upload and sort all the images for each slideshow to the pages. Then, in the pages where you want the slideshow to appear, you add the shortcode [slideshow post_id=X], where X is the ID of the page where the images are uploaded.

Please let me know if that helps, will you?

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Phil,

If I do this can I still enter text for each one individually?

thanks,
    -ellen
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your reply.

If you go that route, the slideshow will use each image's title text. So after you've bulk uploaded all images to a post, you can simply edit each one's title according to your requirements. The latest WordPress  makes it very easy to do, thankfully.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
     you can use a third-party software to load multiple images vb.net in batch and you can also process the titles before uploading. it is simple.