[SOLVED] Newsletter brakes another plugin... lots of problems

edited September 2012 in Newsletter plugin
Hello!
I am using wordpress 3.4.2 and Newsletter 3.8.4 on responsive theme with thematic.

I am using plugin "SSP Director Tools", this plugin uses "FancyBox" to present images on blogs, widgets and pages. The problem is when I activate Newsletter the FancyBox stops working and I get an image in a blank webpage instead of transistion and overlay. It brakes this function for the SSP Director. I then tried to update to your latest version of Newsletter 3.9.4 to see if that would help! But when updating to your new version broke my website. I was not able to log in or open any page at all so I had to go use a backup to recover. I did try two times with the new version and I got the same result = website broken. What I did was to copy the folder into the plugin folder and overwrite the files in Newsletter 3.8.4. Is this the correct way to do it? Should I remove the older version first (no risk to loose the data?). I need advices here to get FancyBox working with SSP Director Tools and have then Newsletter working as well. Website is www.digitalworkflow.se. I have deactivated the Newsletter as I need to have the FancyBox working!

Thanks

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post, soren.

The Fancybox not working must be a Javascript problem.
    May we have a link to your site to see please? With both plugins running.

It sounds like you did the installation correct.
    Deactivate, upload the new folder as you did and reactivate.

If the problems persist it might be better to submit a ticket to us to investigate for you: http://tribulant.com/support/

We look forward to hearing from you!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes I think it is a java problem! But don't know how to solve it as I need the plugins
    Website is www.digitalworkflow.se
    I will activate newsletter plugin in about 3 hours as I'm on travel at the moment.

I did deactivate the plugin before copy the new version but after activating the new version the website goes down, tried two times with the same result

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

Will you please submit a ticket to us: http://tribulant.com/support/
    If you're willing to give us a link and WordPress login details we can quickly investigate it for you.

We look forward to hearing from you!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ticket sent!

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you Soren, we'll check your ticket and post a reply.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2012
    This could be related to similar conflict I noticed when using Codingstyle Localization. It uses Prototype and unfortunately the Newsletter plugin clobbers Prototypes $ function with jQuery in js/jquery.uploadify.js.

Wrapping it in a self invoking anonymous function seems to clear up the issue. This could potentially cause uploadify variables which should be in the global scope to no longer be present though.

(function($){

/* contents of js/jquery.uploadify.js */

})(jQuery);
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    We found the problem and replied to your ticket, Soren.

We reported this on the SSP Director Tools plugin forum on WordPress.org. They have a syntax error in the plugin which needs to be fixed. See it here please: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ssp-director-tools-syntax-error-in-overlayopacity?replies=1