Conflict with calendar plugin

Hi,

I recently installed the Events Calendar Pro plugin (from Modern Tribe). One problem I was having was that events that fall on the last day of the month will then repeat every day of the following month.

Modern Tribe support had me deactivate/reactivate plugins to find a conflict and it looks like it's the Shopping Cart plugin that is causing this daily event repetition. If I deactivate the shopping cart, the problem disappears. Can you shed any light on this or maybe point me in the right direction to try to fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi milauskas,

Thanks for your post.

We had a similar issue with an event calendar plugin not too long ago. I'm not sure if it was the same one. It turned out the issue was not with the Shopping Cart plugin, but with the calendar plugin.

The plugin subsequently released an update with improved queries and it resolved the issue.

Would you mind asking Modern Tribe to debug your calendar's output and see whether it might not be their plugin's fault? We're not trying to shift the blame, it's just that we know from the previous case that our plugin wasn't to blame.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi.  Just following up. The guys at Modern Tribe asked me to try changing my time zone setting to UTC time. I did that and the conflict went away. I had previously had the time zone set to Los Angeles. I changed it to UTC -7 (for daylight savings time) and things are working normally.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey milauskas,

Thanks for letting us know, much appreciated.

Is that the time zone setting in WordPress or in the Event Calendar plugin?

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sorry to take so long in replying. Once the problem was solved I just forgot about it. It was in WordPress, not the Event Calendar.