WordPress Slideshow Issues with the ordering of the slides

Hi,

I placed my slideshow onto the index.php using the following code which puts the slideshow on the page and works great. The issue is the slide order. I do the order the slides and place them the way that I want but the slideshow changes it on the page to a different order than what is showing in WordPress.

Code on index.php

<?php if (function_exists('slideshow')) { slideshow(true, "1", false, array()); } ?>

Of course, I tried using the shortcode [slideshow gallery_id="1"] but when I go to the page to view it then it just shows the code instead of the slideshow.

Site: www.pcducks.org

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Jeffrey

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your post.

Perhaps you can try the following, to add the shortcode to your template using the following PHP code:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[slideshow gallery_id="1"]'); ?>

Then order the slides under Slideshow > Manage Galleries by clicking on the "Order Slides" link for a gallery: http://screencast.com/t/eTrRRY5442W7

Please let us know if this works for you, will you?

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi, 

I am having the same problem.  I have ordered the slides the way I want and that is how they appear when I go to "Order Slides" but they are in a totally different order when viewing the slideshow.  I also use the shortcode.

Thanks

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same problem for me as well, the order index in the manage slides page is correct to how I want, whereas the display order on the page is different.

Cheers,
    Funky
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello guys,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

Could you just check to see whether you're using the correct method to order the slides?

- If you use the simple shortcode [slideshow], then slides should be ordered under Slideshow > Manage Slides

- If you use the shortcode [slideshow post_id="X"], then slides should be ordered by sorting the images you uploaded to the source post.

- If you use the shortcode [slideshow gallery_id="x"], then slides should be ordered under Slideshow > Manage Galleries by clicking on the "Order Slides" link for a gallery: http://screencast.com/t/eTrRRY5442W7

I hope this helps? Please let us know, I look forward to your reply.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2014
    I've just deleted my previous comment : I had a problem ordering slides but after updating the plugin update everything sorted out.