one huge queue batch?

I have the plugin installed on two domains. One shows the queue in nice batches of 100 but the other just has one batch, even for thousands of emails. Obviously this is not good as my server practically locks up when I try to view the queue page. Is this by design or is something wrong with my second install? The first uses my SMTP server and the latter Amazon SES, in case that helps.

Related, I would have posted this question to the support section under Ticket #133554 but that hasn't had a reply in months despite two detailed replies by me. It would be great if someone would look into that. It is quite possible that this issue is somehow related to that since we tried out some dev versions of the plugin in the past and perhaps some file needs to be updated manually?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Trying to get this resolved before my next large newsletter gets sent in a couple of days I decided to investigate myself. After hours of tests and peeking into your code, I was unable to find anything specific to the code to explain the situation but I was able to see that commenting out the relevant save() function didn't seem to have any effect, which got me thinking there might just be a conflict with another plugin that uses a similar class/function name. So, I looked at the common/different plugins between my two domains and after some testing was able to confirm that there is a conflict with the EWWW Image Optimizer plugin. I have only done a very quick look at some of the classes in that plugin and I see one called WP_Background_Process which extends WP_Async_Request with a save function. That is my guess for the cause of the conflict. Since EWWW has 500,000+ active installs, I would say updating your software to avoid the conflict would be worth the effort.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.
    For some reason this discussion was overlooked.

Is the big queue batch from a latest posts subscription instance?
    Please confirm so that we can check the code in that area and see if there is a problem.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    No, the batches are from a recurring newsletter. But, with the conflict I discovered, I think it won't matter - all batch creation will conflict with EWWW I suspect. You won't even need to queue a large number of subscribers to verify - just take a look at the option_name created in the WP options table and it will be pretty clear that it doesn't follow your format.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jmb

Thanks, I'll log this conflict with EWWW Image Optimizer for testing and fixing.