[Solved] How to display both title and description text fields in the lightbox

Hello,

First of all thanks for the awesome plugin, works like a charm!

My question is: how do I display both the title and description of an
image in the lightbox that opens when an image is clicked? At the
moment only the title is displayed (Default) but I would like to display
more text fields, pretty much the same way as the infobar that displays the info in the normal gallery.

Thanks in advance!

Bas

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Bas,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the late response.

It's not a feature of the plugin at the moment, but it could be coded in if you wanted to. We recommend some freelance sites where you can hire developers/designers online at an affordable rate to assist you with your project: http://bit.ly/RCx12x

Alternatively we could offer to quote you for a rush development job, if you would give us an accurate description of the feature(s) you require. In that case we would ask you to submit a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/ with your request.

I hope this helps?

Best regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand, however I was hoping I could do it with my basic knowledge of javascript and php. I'd reckoned that it would be possible by simply adding some extra lines which are similar to extracting the title. Are you sure it isn't possible with some short directions about where I can find the piece of code that extracts the title from the images in the Wordpress media gallery?

If not possible, I'm working on a very tight budget for a client, so then I would have to make my case for using the standard feature of the infobar in the normal gallery. Hiring outside programmers is unfortunately a no-go.

Kind regards,
    Bas
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Bas,

I'm not a programmer myself, but our lead programmer says the code you need to change is in the slideshow-gallery/js/gallery.js file. You would have to search and change the code according to your needs.

Apparently it's quite a big modification, since "the description needs to be loaded into the object and then accessed again, etc."

I don't know if this goes some way to answering your question?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey Phil,

I am currently fiddling with that file, so I'm happy you share that with me because I now know I'm at least in the right place.

I am going to try to get there with my basic understandings of javascript and hopefully some well documented tutorials. I am feeling thankful for your sincere willingness to help me out here.

This is probably close enough to answering the question. I understand your time is valuable and limited, so I wouldn't expect you or your programmer to go into more detail. I am looking forward to any future updates of the gallery which might enable this functionality.

Thanks for your assistance Phil!

All the best,

Bas

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your reply Bas, much appreciated.

Yes, my apologies - we most certainly would have wanted to be more specific and helped you more, but our programming team is run off their feet with development and custom work etc, and my own PHP knowledge is rather limited.

Please let us know how you get on with it, it would be interesting to know. Maybe you could even share how you did it for the benefit of the community?

Best regards,

Phil