[SOLVED] Bounce count

edited October 2012 in Newsletter plugin
Hi, 

I am confused with the way bounce are counted.
I have more than 2000 bounce MAILER-DAEMON mails in my bouncer mail box and yet 0 recorded bounces.
The db has 0 bounce for all my users.

When I check the pop configuration it says it works. If I open the mailbox, it says mails are opened and read. Yet nothing goes to the db.

What's wrong?
Am I missing something?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post.

If the plugin hasn't record any bounces the only reason would be that the POP/IMAP settings are not correct.

We've seen some cases where the POP/IMAP settings say it works because the incoming mail server gives it a true boolean value upon connection but that the plugin cannot actually connect. Specifically with 1and1 we had this problem.

Can you please verify the email settings and then also submit a ticket to us if it persists? http://tribulant.com/support/

All the best,
    Antonie
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2012
    Hi Marc-Olivier,

Since this issue was resolved in a support ticket (#665511 ), I suppose we could consider it resolved here on this thread?

I would appreciate it if you could possibly just reply here briefly to mention how it was resolved and also mark the thread as solved (as mentioned in the sidebar to the right).

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would like to know the answer to this problem, as I am having the same problem.
    It helps to post the solution so that others can see it.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    In this case the server wasn't handling bounces correctly. It was solved by hosting a bounce mailbox for Marc-Olivier on our own server.

Everything works fine now.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would like to know what was the server error you found, since I`m having the same problen and I´m sure my hosting company would gladly fix that if they knew what's causing it
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post, Osvaldo.

What is the problem that you're having with the bounce?
    Marc's issue was related to his mailbox specifically which had a problem.

Can you submit a ticket to us with WordPress details to check your bounce setup?
    You can do that here: http://tribulant.com/support/

We look forward to hearing from you to assist you further with it.