Subscriber management box not displaying if no refresh

edited July 2013 in Newsletter plugin
Hello,

I have installed the 3.9.9 version of the newsletter plugin (on a Wordpress 3.5.1 installation), and I noticed a bug with the subscriber management box :

after clicking on the "Authentificate Email Adress" link, the page which contains my [wpmlmanagement] shortcode first has to redirect to "itself" - the same page, and once this first redirecting/refreshing is done, it is asking me to enter my email adress again.

Finally I have to manually refresh the page to have the subscriber management box appearing...

I had the same bug on firefox and internet explorer, and with different email addresses...

EDIT : i just test the process in chrome browser and it works... I still have the first "redirecting to the same page" process but then the management box appears... Wonder why this does not work in IE and firefox...

Thanks in advance for your help !

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello Tom,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

We are sorry about the delay on getting back to you.

I believe that your issue was discussed via our helpdesk, can you confirm that? If the issue persists let us know ok?

All the best!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same problem here...how can we solve this?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello,

Please open a new ticket under our helpdesk: http://www.tribulant.com/support and we will better assist you.

Tom`s issue was the following:

When you hit the "Send Authentication" button under the management page details are added to your browser cookies, when the user clicks on the authentication link that is sent through the email the plugin confirms that the email belongs to that person based on the previously created cookies.

Since the information is controlled through the browser there is no way to authenticate using 2 different browsers.

We`ll look forward to your response in order to better assist you.

All the best!