[SOLVED] Release 1.6.9

Wow! Very nice.   The dashboard is a great addition.  It would be even better if it supported a user specified date range :-)

The copy product options is also a welcome addition.  Keep up the great work. 

There is a new feature called "featured product".  What does this do?  I couldn't find anywhere in the documentation that described this. 

And one final note, can you post a link in this forum to the release notes when a new update is published?  I couldn't find the release notes yesterday (you might not of uploaded them yet).   I found them today.  

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post!

Yup, we're working on showing stats for Days (as it is now), Months and Years.
    And then also the ability to choose a From and To date to show stats for :)

I'm glad to hear that you like the copy/duplicate a product feature.

Sorry about the featured products, we're currently updating the docs.
    Under Checkout > Products, there is a grey star next to each product.
    If you click the grey star, give it a second and it will become yellow/orange which makes it a featured product.
    That way you can make many products featured and display them on your site.
    To display featured products, use the [wpcofeaturedproducts] shortcode in a post/page.

The release notes have been published and they are here: http://docs.tribulant.com/wordpress-shopping-cart-plugin/6831

Please let me know if this helps!

All the best,
    Antonie
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    So for the featured products it doesn't affect the display of them in normal grid or list view.   For instance it doesn't make the featured products appear first/at top in category views.  

If I wan't to use featured product I need a new page with the shortcode provided.   We currently do something like this using a recommended and what's new categories.   Using a simple click on the featured product will be so much easier than editing the recommended category every time we want to change the products on our homepage.  Thank you.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I just switched to the featured product view on our home page.  This will be so much easier for us to manage.  Great addition. 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your response.

I'm glad to hear that the featured products work great for you.

We also developed new sorting/ordering capabilities for products, categories and suppliers.
    Under Checkout > Products you can click "Order Products" to order the products as needed.
    Under Checkout > Shop Categories you can order the products for each category individually.
    And under Checkout > Suppliers you can also order the products in each supplier.
    The sort/order interface is easy to use with a list/grid view like this: http://screencast.com/t/Yfvv7pRA

Let us know if you need any further assistance of if you have suggestions at all.

All the best,
    Antonie
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2012
    I've just re-ordered a bunch of our categories.  Thank you for adding this feature and letting us know.  It is incredibly helpful!

Just one more reason why we pay for ongoing maintenance.   It's money well spent.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your follow-up!

I'm glad to hear that the order/sorting works well.

And thank you for your business and support with paying for updates.

All the best,
    Antonie