Disable ability to click on image in slideshow.

Hey there -

I'm looking for a way to disable to ability to click on slideshow images to see a larger image.

I see the setting to toggle between thickbox and simply linking to the image URL, but I want to turn this off completely.

Apologies if there's some obvious setting or parameter for this and I've missed it.

Thanks for any help,
TL

P.S. In case it matters, WordPress 3.4.2 and Slideshow Gallery 1.2.3.2. Prefer not to share the domain at this point.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi TL,

Where is your slideshow getting its images from?

If it is from slides under Slideshow > Manage Slides, the link has to be removed from each slide. If they are images from a post (as I suspect they might be), you have to edit each image in the post (or from Media > Library) and set the "Link URL" on each image to "None" and save the settings.

Let us know if this helps, will you?

Best,

Phil

Please ask her where she is showing images from?

If it is from slides under Slideshow > Manage Slides, the link has to be removed from each slide.
    If they are images from a post, they have to go into the media gallery on the post and set the "Link URL" on each image to "none" and save the settings
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

Here's what I've found... 

1) If I use a custom gallery and slides and don't set a "link" on the slides, this works as expected... the images in the gallery are not clickable and everything is glorious.

2) If I use the "post_id" to create the gallery based on images attached to the post (which is my preference, so that everything is managed at the post level), those images that have  Link URL is set to none / empty still click through the file.

Also, not sure if it's relevant, but I'm using the PHP function in a custom template for a custom post type to display the gallery -- not the shortcode.

Fwiw, it's not the end of the world if I need to just use the custom gallery and slides. And since it's a new site it's not like there are hundreds of legacy images to deal with. However, figured I'd keep the thread going in case someone runs into this in the future who isn't starting from scratch.

TL

P.S. @Phil... I sent a PM in case you want to look under the hood.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Todd,

Very sorry for the terribly late reply. I replied to your PM, suggesting you open a support ticket at http://tribulant.com/support/ so we could more adequately help you there.

Please let us know here once your issue is solved so it could be of help to the rest of the community as well, will you?

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2015

Was this issue ever resolved?

Would also like to disable the ability to click on an slideshow image created by adding images to a post, but cannot, even after setting 'Link URL' to 'None' for each image via the Media Library.

Thanks in advance!