No image or thumbnail when adding only some images

Some (but most) of the images I am trying to upload to our website are not taking. I get a broken thumbnail and no image. When I click on the thumbnail to view the problem, I get an "Error 404". The gallery is at http://www.resedacouncil.org .

This is, unfortunately, not a consistent problem, but it does happen with most of the images i attempt to upload. There seems to be no correlation between the ones that won't load, so I cannot find a pattern to the problem. If anyone has any advice out there on how to fix this, I'd be grateful.

I did recently revise the website and redirect the url domain to a sub-folder. I saw this was an issue with other posters here, but am not sure this is the entire problem. If it were, wouldn't it happen to ALL the images I try to upload?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello,

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

That`s odd, can you please check if the image name contains any weird characters?

The size of the images might be the cause of the problem as well as your server might be blocking images that exceed the upload size limit.

If you still can`t find the problem, can you please re-save the images in a different format like .png or .jpg?

Let us know if it helps ok?

All the best!