[SOLVED] Email Customer When Marked Shipped

edited October 2012 in Shopping Cart plugin
When I mark an order as "shipped" is the customer automatically notified by email?  I can't seem to tell.  I see a place where I can manually fill in a box and notify them if the order is "changed", but that seems more labor intensive than it needs to be in the case of just a shipping notification.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post.

The plugin doesn't automatically email the customer when the order is marked as shipped.

The best way to do this is to edit the order, mark it as Shipped = Yes and then tick the checkbox under "Notify the Customer" to send an email to the customer as a notification that the order has changed. Like this: http://screencast.com/t/mJpeM5bz3ESQ

Please let me know if that helps you.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    We did this - but the email is very incomplete and the comments we put into the comment box for the customer did not come through to the customer - so the only thing they really see that tells them the order status has changed is in the subject line. Where can we edit these emails and have them call the fields we want to include? We should be able to create multiple order statuses and then create custom emails to go out when those statuses are used and the updated order is saved. I would be happy to help in any way I can to help you get this programmed. These are standard practices for complete shopping solutions.

Thanks,
    Harmony
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Harmony,

Thank you for your reply.

The template file for the email is at wp-checkout/views/email/orders/comments.php

If comments are added, they will be shown. A good idea is to add a link to the Your Account page in the email.

We have in fact started developing a statuses feature like you describe, and it should be completed in the near feature.

I hope this helps?

Regards,

Phil