[SOLVED] Subscribe box widget alignment

edited October 2012 in Newsletter plugin
Hello guys, here is my website:

If you scroll down to the bottom you'll see i've got an alignment issue with the subscribe widget.  I was wondering maybe if anyone had any pointers as to how this could be fixed?

This is what it looks like...

As you can see "subscribe to our newsletter" needs shifting over by 5 pixels or so...and the text box and subscribe buttons underneath need shifting over as well.

I can edit CSS and stuff but not quite sure exactly what needs to be edited so any help you can offer would be superb!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi discoian,

What you could do is to view the source code of any page displaying the sidebar with the widget, and note the web elements that make up the "Email Address" label, the text field and the "Subscribe Now" button.

Then you could edit the appropriate CSS code in wp-mailinglist/views/default/css/style.css to align those elements as desired.

I would suggest keeping an offsite backup of your edits though, since a plugin update might overwrite them.

Please let me know if this helps, will you?

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2012
    Hi yep, ok i've had a little play around and have made the following changes.  I've added them to a custom CSS style sheet which is loaded AFTER all the others so I didn't need to make any changes to the original files...

.wpml input.ui-button, .wpml a.ui-button {
           margin-left: 20px;
    }
    .wpmlwidget fieldset, .wpmlwidget .wpmlfieldholder {
        margin: 10px 0 15px 20px;
    }

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well done, that's good thinking to use the custom CSS file.

Glad it worked out for you!

Best regards,

Phil