[SOLVED] Checking to see if zone has ads

How can I check to see if ad zone has ads and if it does display it, and if no ads are active in that zone then display something else???

also, I have two ad zones shown on the same page. How can I have one ad zone be static and not auto refresh like the other ad zone does??

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for your post!

Best way to check if a zone has ads is to go to Banners > Zones and look at the individual ads inside that zone accordingly. It will immediately show which ads are active and which not but there could be other factors preventing them from displaying such as an expiry date or max impressions.

We can add this to our development list to have a setting per zone to display something else if no ads are available for the zone, it will make a good feature and prevent blank spots on the site.

Unfortunately the auto refresh setting is currently global for all zones and ads. We'll add a setting per zone as well to control if the zone should or shouldn't auto refresh accordingly.

Thank you for your questions and input on this!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to check if a zone has active ads with php??

Can't disable auto refresh with php also??

Really need this...

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Agressive,

I believe this was solved via a support ticket, wasn't it? If memory serves we resolved it by allowing you to set the refresh per zone.

If the issue is indeed resolved, would you mind posting a brief explanation of how it was resolved, and then edit the title by adding [SOLVED] to the start.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Phil
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    We have developed this in our latest build.
    You can request it via a ticket: http://tribulant.com/support/

Alternatively, we're making a release soon with this feature to turn On/Off the Auto Rotate (Ajax) per Zone and also specify the interval accordingly.

I hope this helps!